“just another brick in the wall”
Review of The Fair O'Blair

The Fair O'Blair
Ranked #15 of 41 Restaurants in Blairgowrie
Price range: US$4 - US$15
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 10 April 2018

Just a run of the mill average Wetherspoons pub. I could see littered and dirty tables from the moment we went in. It was a busy Sunday afternoon. Not enought staff to serve food. I did like the decor which was nice and bright. We were reliably informed by a member of our own group, who did not come from the area, that it had been a woolworths shop before and he pointed the brick work out to us which has now been painted. I am sure he said all woolworths were build with british bricks as it was the cheaper option.

Rjd81, Manager at The Fair O'Blair, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2018

You are quite right, we were originally a Woolworths in years gone by. Hope you enjoy your next visit better. Thanks

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

Simply took a notion, Saturday afty, dropped in whilst I was in Blairgowrie ... for a quick look around, the toilet and a swift half. The Mighty Wetherspooners usually do quite a good job of hoovering up, and to be fair, deftly tidying up dead unused town centre properties and this is no exception to the rule. Decor-wise, it's really quite corporate ... dullish but do-able, cheap and cheerful, efficient in its mission. Food: expect fairly unimaginative but good value ... truly for the non connoisseur.
Better, many would say, than yet another empty Woolies ... I would hate to think what our formerly user-friendly high streets will look like in another half decade ... In fact, I shudder.
But it's not because of Dear Old kindly, opportunist, modernism-mover Wetherspoon ... It's borne from a lack of long term thinking in our band of mysterious town planners.

Rjd81, Manager at The Fair O'Blair, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Thank you for the review.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Visited for breakfast and server served a roasting hot plate to a 7 yr old which involved her receiving 1st aid with burns to her fingers once I challenged the server for her actions her attitude was appalling, With 100% attitude , saying I wasn’t to know she was only 7 ... wow .. she certainly doesn’t look like an adult was my response !!!
the manager was so apologetic for her staff attitude and couldn’t do enough to help including a tub of iced water to help my upset / sore granddaughter

We are really sorry to hear this. I am glad that the manager on duty was able to assist.
thanks

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Had a family get together here food was okay and the kids were looked after with crayons and colouring books. Pub grub but it was okay, had to clear our table of dishes and glasses as it was very busy and as I could tell only a couple of staff. Cheap and cheerful did feel sorry for the staff as they tried their best but were run off their feet!

Thank you for taking the time to review.

Reviewed 16 March 2018

First time in this establishment and was very impressed. Nice decor, warm when it was freezing outside, friendly service and quick, and very reasonably priced for food and drinks

Thank you for the kind review. We have club nights through out the week including steak, curry, chicken and Fish Friday. All are of a reasonable price and enjoyed by lots.
Thanks again.