“Delicious Food, Warm Friendly Setting”

The Old Cross Inn and Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 41 Restaurants in Blairgowrie
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We visited the Old Cross as a family of five, along with five month old baby and our dog.

Positives:
Warm cosy bar area with real fire gave a homely feel and a perfect space for Saturday night family dining.

Friendly staff and customers.

Small but ample menu to choose from, which helpfully included allergy information. All of the family thoroughly enjoyed their dish, which varied from cod and shrimp tagliatelle, mushroom risotto, burgers, to macaroni cheese. The best mushroom and spinach risotto I’ve tasted by far.

Reasonable prices, cheaper than other restaurants in Blairgowrie.

Dog and baby friendly.

Negatives:
Nil.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Been a few times now, and never been disappointed. This time, there was a crowd of us, and you could have expected some slippage. No chance, it was superb. Great service and tasty food.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Just had a lovely meal,menu choices were great something for everyone.food was excellent and we were made feel very welcome

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Decided to go here as was my husbands birthday and had good meals here previously . Understand it’s under new management since we last ate here . There was a quiz night in the main room so we had our meal in the lounge are next door . Menu ok - not too varied but was good to see a good vegetarian / Vegan option .
Had to wait longer than I’d expect as there was only another table dining . I had the fish / scampi . Was average. Poor salad and chips not thoroughly cooked . My husband had the chilli pork with crunch noodles . A good portion of pork but you could count the noodles on one hand . I had a wine and my husband a coke . Price £30
Not good value for money as I was still hungry when we left . I mentioned it was his 50th birthday but the waitress / owner disinterested . Won’t be hurrying back unfortunately

Reviewed 22 February 2018

Called in for evening meal. Lovely surprise to find such a friendly welcoming place. The food was very good with plenty of choice, very hot and tasty. Waitress was brilliant happy to chat and help. Very good evening