“La Bottega terrace view”
Review of Ruhe Restoran

Ruhe Restoran
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Neeme
Price range: US$3 - US$23
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Restaurant Ruhe, opened in August 2013, is located a 30-minute drive away from Tallinn. The seaside fish restaurant offers dishes made from only the freshest fish and seafood. In preparing the dishes, both pure flavours as well as old fishermen's tradition are held in high regard. The healthiness of the dishes is not forgotten either. A ruhe is a fishing boat carved from a tree trunk. It is also German for 'tranquillity' - this word characterises the feeling you get admiring the beautiful view of the sea at Ruhe. Families with children, adventurers on the seas as well as others romantics are welcome at Ruhe. Larger events can be held by prior agreement.
Reviewed 17 August 2020 via mobile

We had great night with our family on the terrace of La Bottega restaurant. Great service and delicious food. Definately going back there.

Date of visit: August 2020
Write a reviewReviews (104)

Reviewed 11 August 2020

Beautiful restaurant 40min from Tallinn. Excellent food , lovely place. Especially tomato soup with seafood was good.

Date of visit: August 2020
Reviewed 20 July 2020

Good day everyone! I am excited to post my first review since all the mess that happened with corona virus and what a wonderful review this will be!

Restaurant Ruhe is truly hidden gem on the coast-line of Neeme in northern Estonia and definitely worth the drive there. Ruhe opens at 12.00, so you cant have early breakfast there. I was there exactly at 12.00 when they open and decided to have a good lunch. Weather was perfect and I chose to stay outside on a terrace and you will have absolutely stunning view over the sea to nearby islands and peninsulas. Usually nowadays people sit in their phones, but I was never tempted to pick it up and just enjoyed the view..Only drawback was that peculiar smell that you sometimes get from the sea during warm days...

Service was good, I was greeted nicely and throughout my visit I barely had a feeling that I would like to have servers attention. I would have liked maybe bit more explanation on the menu, but this is nit-picking. menu-wise - it is neat and simple and focused on seafood and I of course chose my two courses accordingly.

For starter I had Whitefish tartar with Brioche. It tasted really good - fish was nice and fresh, all the pieces were evenly cut and sauce there was sublime. Only bread underneath seemed quite "regular" and dull and I actually felt that overall portion is bit too small for my liking. But strong start nevertheless - 8/10.

As for main - I took Pan fried sea-bass fillet with fried potatoes, onion puree, radish and estragon mayo. As presentation goes, it looked really nice when it hit the table (you eat with your eyes first) and it tasted excellent. Fish was really nicely done with crispy skin, nice seasoning and sides accompanied sea-bass perfectly. I would only throw out dill and I wished to have bit more sauce as it was delicious, but overall extremely good dish. 9/10.

And as portions were reasonable I had still some room for dessert and took handmade ice cream. No faults there, nice and creamy and really tasteful. I only wish that I would been able to choose between flavors. 9/10.

Overall my score for Ruhe is: Atmosphere 9/10 (if you sit on the terrace), service 8/10 and food 9/10, giving it total score of 26/30 earning easy 5 stars in Tripadvisor. I definitely recommend to visit it! P.S. They are offering accommodation service next to the restaurant if you feel to have bottle of champagne!

1  Thank Lothlorien666
Reviewed 18 July 2020 via mobile

I have been wishing to visit the restaurant for a long time. Finally got a chance. It is a very well located restaurant with nice seating outside in a good weather. Fish dishes we had were perfect. Sandwich with fish tartar was delicious. Service was friendly but not overwhelmed. Everything was exactly on time. A little bit expensive but worth every cent.

1  Thank TrusM
Reviewed 9 July 2020 via mobile

A fancy yacht club restaurant. Had a glasses of wine and a tapas plate. The staff seemed very friendly but a bit unsure of the use of English language. The service was friendly and though it was a slow early afternoon, they welcomed small children in too with their mums. In Finland this would mean a bunch of irritated other customers but here children started playing nicely in the little play nook while the staff brought few special chairs for them.

Would recommend. Very nice terrace too!