eDreams
FindHotel
Agoda.com
Etrip
All reviews the pub nice place beautiful surroundings swimming pool an amazing view steam sauna lake children machine sunset forest expectations snow roads complex path
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 February 2021

It was my second time staying there. The swimming pool looks very good and I enjoyed the sunset while swimming. In the sauna I could also enjoy the sunset. I am glad there was even steam sauna. The room I stayed was nice. Somewhat annoying were neighbours because they make different sounds and they either don't know this is easily audible (don't hear?) or don't care about others who want to go to sleep, like walking full foot on the floor dam-dam-dam, talking on the phone after midnight, computer or phone sounds, children. I wish there was better sound isolation. The old photos with historical information and paintings and other photos in the corridors are very nice. I had dinners in the pub. The vegan food was very good! I am not a vegan but the vegan menu was much more interesting to try than the other main dishes so I did that in both evenings. The overall prices seemed high but the food was good. And of course the surrounding area of the building complex: the beach of the lake. I happened to be there when there had been colder temperatures recently so the lake was covered by ice and snow and I could walk and visit the two nearest islands in the lake -- what an unexpected experience that was, amazing! Then the nearby forest which is between the Otepää central part and Pühajärve part: I happened to walk there when the sun came out to the end of the day and that was like paradise! It was my first visit to that forest with different hills and ski slopes so it was especially enjoyable. One can't get lost because there are roads around within a reasonable distance. Thankfully somebody had made paths to walk on with a machine so that made the trip possible at all with such snow. It is also possible to walk on pedestrians' path towards Kääriku (~10 km) which is very nice, that walk starts from the beach close to the complex, but I didn't do it this time. There is a higher level park behind the beach where the beach building is and one can see the lake from a higher place which is nicely different than just walking along the beach.

Date of stay: February 2021
1  Thank riiv0m
Reviewed 10 February 2021

It was a simple and a bit outdated hotel, I was expecting more. Spa was a disappointment as it was just a swimming pool and one small jacuzzi. These were very overcrowded and it was unpleasant. It was also unpleasant that you could see from the pool area to saunas and shower area as the saunas were with windows. Location is excellent and very beautiful, but I would probably not go back to this hotel.

Date of stay: October 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 13 August 2020

There was a waterpipe behind the wall of our room and it creates a lot of noise 24/7. Our bathroom smells and you cant take a shower without overflooding the whole bathroom floor. The restaurant was totally packed during breakfast and we had to wait for a free table. No Covid19 rules have been followed at the restaurant other than hand disinfection possibility. Social distancing is ignored, food is not protected.
Didnt visit the SPA area, hopefully its worth the 2 star rating. Never going back there though..

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2020

Visited the pub in the Puhajarve hotel once again. Every time I get there prices are higher but food still from deepfryer without any better service. You need to order at the bar and take your drinks, food is brought to your table. If you want a second drink you have to go to the same bar again. Etc
Soup Seljanka the Russian meat soup came with a strong taste of horse raddish which I never got before and it was not nice.
Thea assortment they changed to a cheaper one but price the same. Not nice either.
All over this time wasn't ok at that place and I doubt if I will go back in the near future.

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 November 2019 via mobile

Excellent choice for summer and for winter. Hotel located between 2 lakes. You will access pool, saunas and gym at any time during your stay. Excellent food choice for good price in Pub and Tower coffe( recommend to visit before sunset). You WILL rest herenfrom stress, city noise. Just relaxing nature surroundings and SPA resorts.
Location is good. You can access it with FREE public busses from Tartu or Valga. Or by car( free parking) Good wifi connection in any corner of hotel. Very friendly multi languages staff. Ready to help!
You can order many health procedures for good price.
This place is amazing for making trainee courses and relax rest.
We liked very much and we will come again back. ( pictures of Lux with Sauna)

Date of stay: November 2019