Lowest prices for your stay
US$568
US$545
View deal
SAVE US$23
Hotels.com
US$568
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Expedia.comUS$545
TravelocityUS$545
Orbitz.comUS$545
5,428 results
All reviews pineapple ribs snack bar mary's outhouse chicken fish shirley heights laid back ocean view a la carte bar staff rum punch main restaurant great holiday topaz restaurant two weeks stingray city
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 August 2018

I cannot say enough about the team at Pineapple Beach Club and how beautiful their location is.

For anyone accustomed to a typical all-inclusive vacation at industrial-size resorts with drinks flowing and sensory overload, and enjoys this, then this is not the place for you. Pineapple Beach Club has multiple rooms that are set up, in my opinion, to feel more intimate - they are not massive with unnecessary furniture and space but designed to feel closer in a shared space. It was all very modern, clean and new with a small balcony to enjoy outside of our door. I went with my best friend, and we were perfectly happy with our room, but it all depends on your comfort level.

The food was great! We had our times going off property and eating local food, and both options were perfectly great. The bar was awesome as well, great drinks with no shortage of alcohol - which is great especially because I like my drinks a little stronger.

The beach was the main reason why I would visit this property again - it has to be one of the best beaches I've ever been on, and I've been to my share of the Caribbean. Crystal clear, calm, and a decent stretch - enough to walk completely. Antigua has 365 beaches and they are open to locals as well (which should be a rule everywhere, really). One of our days visiting, there was a school hosting a beach day at the other end of the beach and it was really nice to see that they get to enjoy their beaches just like we do, and it was one of the reasons why I'll visit Antigua again.

Lastly (and this is truly the reason why I would visit again), the staff was and is incredibly helpful no matter how many questions we asked. They helped us take care of last minute outings, ensured we had someone taking care of us if we went out to clubs or bars, and were always available to assist us in getting around the property. They have golf carts to help take you up to the best BBQ place I've ever been to, and to your room if necessary.

After leaving our trip, I noticed I couldn't find my curling iron and a few other items. On a whim, I decided to email the support team to check in case I forgot it - turns out I did. The staff at Pineapple Beach Club helped to return my items home to me in Canada, and kept me informed about it the entire journey home. I cannot express how much this means to me in terms of their willingness to go above and beyond. Most hotels would accept it as a lost item and tossed it, but the fact that they sent me photos of my items and emailed me constantly until shipped really showed how much they care for their customers. For this reason, if anyone ever asks me for a recommended hotel, I will always recommend Pineapple Beach Club - they've made me feel like family.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
10  Thank JennaD92
Reviewed 21 August 2018

Very nice resort although it is for 16 and over, we were given the wrong room after paying for an upgrade when booked with Virgin. New waterfront room was excellent and spacious, previous beachfront smaller and a bit tired for what we paid. Beach is fantastic and free water sports all day, pools are small but allowed access to the sister resort over the road which has a big pool. The food is very good and plenty of choices. Only small issue speed of bar staff and seems to be a trait in these Caribbean resorts if you tip you get service, again beer pretty watery, but overall excellent holiday and resort. Remember mosquito sprays

Room tip: Waterfront as opposed to beach front
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank MalloyBoy
GuestAmbassador05, Guest Relations Manager at Pineapple Beach Club Antigua - All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Pineapple Beach Club and for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay. We regret that we were not able to provide you with flawless service. We strive for unparalleled service delivery at our resort, and we are always looking for ways to ensure that each guest experiences the very best we have to offer.

We believe that the very best service experiences are genuine, anticipatory and personalized. We will continue to work to ensure our guests find that level of service at our resort.

Warm regards,

Pineapple Beach Club, Antigua
Staff & Management

Reviewed 20 August 2018

Just got back from a week long vacation with my wife. We were celebrating our 30th Anniversary! This is a laid back and relaxing resort! Absolutely love it and the employees!
We got a taxi from airport that took about 40 minutes. Super nice gentleman by the name of Sammy! I would have to recommend that you book a taxi through the resort though. It is a few bucks cheaper and works out better in the long run.
Our check-in was smooth and our garden view room, lol, was amazing!! We were in building 8 third floor and had a spectacular view of the beach and bay! We had no issues and actually will be using the spit ac system ourselves in the future.

The food is amazing! Outhouse BBQ is highly recommended as is Pineapple Grill. We celebrated our 30th in Pineapple Grill and the chef and staff there are amazing!! We loved them! The buffet, Pelican grill by the pool and Chef Pietro's Italian are awesome as well! Unless you are super picky and find bad in anything, you can not go wrong with this resort. They have all kinds of water activities to do: snorkeling, kayaking, sailing, relaxing in floating rings! The reef to the right of the boats is full of beautiful fish and lobster! Try not to touch the reef.
We will be back!! The management here truly cares about your experience and we appreciate you and all of your employees!! Especially, the guys working on removing the seaweed daily!! Great job! Thanks to everyone for a truly wonderful vacation and anniversary with my wife!!

Room tip: 2nd and 3rd floors of buildings 7,8 and 9
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank 197richardj
Reviewed 18 August 2018

My husband and I recently visited the Pineapple Beach Club for our honeymoon as well as to celebrate our 1st year anniversary. We has a private car take us from the airport and they were nice and prompt. We were pleasantly surprised when we arrived and found out we were upgraded to an ocean view (rm 915)! Great size room with an amazing view. The only downside to some who aren't as physically able, you do have to climb quite a few stone steps to get up and down to the room. For us as a young couple we had no problems with the steps.
We tried all the restaurants and there was amazing service at both the Pineapple Gril and Chef Petros. The buffet had great selection for both breakfast, lunch and dinner. We also tried the Outhouse which has fabulous ribs and chicken.
The Entertainment was great ! Most nights it was live bands, playing a variety of music. One night they had a Mr&Mrs quiz which could have been awesome if done correctly. As much as I enjoy learning about Antigua, one night they has a quiz night with only questions about Antigua and it wasn't entertaining in any way and went on too long. The best night was Karaoke! It was well done and very enjoyable.
There are vendors just passed the watersports, they have great items and can be worth it but be sure to fight for an appropriate price. One of the ladies tried to charge me 20 dollars for a magnet. I got her down to 10, and only got it because I really wanted it.
Watersports are fabulous, and worth making good use of. We went sailing with Kerry who was great, also took a double kayak out and on our last day went snorkelling. Snorkelling was amazing, we saw so many different types of fish and even saw a stingray! All the watersports are at no extra cost.
We happened to be in Antigua for the Carnival which was a great experience! Cost was 30 dollars each for transport, a t-shirt and drinks for the 6 hrs we were there.
We also recommend going to Shirley Heights on a Sunday if you can. Great music, food, drinks and a view!
We found that most days it wasn't hard to get a sunbed, as the resort wasn't too busy. Seaweed become a bit of an issue the second half of our week but the staff dealt with it quickly and it wasn't really an issue at all.
There really isn't anything bad we would say about this resort. We would definitely recommend it and plan to return in the future.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6  Thank katd242018
Reviewed 16 August 2018

We have just returned from the PBC having stayed for 2 weeks. The journey by private transfer took about 40 minutes. The hotel is typically Caribbean in style with very established grounds. Check-in was very quick and we were taken to Room 407, which was advertised as Pool Terrace. The room is on the ground floor next to the walkway to the Pool that is located at the end of this block of accommodation. Although completely renovated, to say the room was small, is an understatement. If the bathroom door was open, it was difficult to pass each other without climbing over the bed. The bed was immediately inside the door and therefore could not be left open if one of us was resting as anyone walking by could easily see you sleeping. We went to Reception the next morning and we were moved on the 3rd day to Room 418 on the upper floor and overlooking the Pool and bar, which services the Pool. This was perfect. A lovely, light and spacious room with a separate dressing room at the same price as 407.

The staff on the whole were very friendly and helpful. They definitely need more bar staff at busy times on the main bar. The hotel certainly was not full as 1 block was being renovated and if it were full, service at the one bar which is the only one open until midnight, would be difficult. Good choice of drinks, however the 2 beer taps were not always working properly and it sometimes took a good few minutes to pour 1 beer. The wine was very palatable but if you want Pinot Grigio you have to ask otherwise it’s Sav Blanc or Chardonnay.

The food is good. We used all the restaurants at the hotel and snack bar. The 2 a la carte places are very good with an excellent choice and daily specials- never a problem getting a table but we did book a day in advance each time. Although if the hotel were full, it may be different. The buffet restaurant overlooks the beach, which is lovely. It was a bit windy sometimes but ask for a table slightly in and it’s not a problem.

The beach is lovely and the guys clear any seaweed quickly. We didn’t reserve sunbeds but the last few days we saw people up before 7 taking towels down and then not using the beds until late morning. They have enough beds so guests do not need to do this but they don’t have sufficient sun umbrellas on the beach or around the pool. There should be 1 umbrella per 2 beds but there are nowhere near enough, especially on the beach, hence why they were being reserved.

The entertainment was generally good but as another reviewer has mentioned the couples Mr&Mrs and karaoke go on too long. The live bands were good. Entertainment finishes at 11. Most people seemed to retire at that time. The bar closed at midnight, which is probably late enough, given the long hours that the staff work.

We met some lovely people and would certainly consider going back at some point but not in high season when the hotel is busy

Room tip: Room 418 is light and spacious and overlooks the Pool
Trip type: Travelled as a couple