All reviews colour scheme external door heated towel rail great north run weekend friday and saturday bar downstairs sat night hospitality tray sea front buffet style comfy bed the en suite bathroom an iron one night stay breakfast was excellent excellent value for money booked last minute
Reviewed 4 September 2018

Stayed here again for 2 nights midweek. Hotel has been refurbished, comfortable room, great breakfast and very friendly staff. Bar and restaurant Just around the corner from the seafront and also a few minutes walk from Metro which takes you into central Newcastle in about 15 minutes. It was quiet midweek, but could be noisy weeknds as club on premises.

Room tip: No lift, steep stairs to second floor can be tiring.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
DavidP14238, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel 52, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Hi,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback following your recent stay with us, we are delighted you had a positive experince with us and we do hope to welcome you again to Hotel 52 should you revisit the area,

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

I've really enjoyed my stay at Hotel52 for a few reasons:

- All the staff have been really helpful, not intrusive at all but available and keen to accommodate requests.
- the room we ended up in had a great amount of space, it's light comfortable and had teas/coffees/hot chocolate/water bottles and a comfy bed
- hotel very clean and comfortable all round
- breakfast is lovely and again those making and serving are unobtrusive but available, pleasant and willing to accommodate requests

These are things to bear in mind dependant on what you want from your stay...

- it is noisy in rooms on the main road above the bars (if you are staying for a night out yourself it shouldn't be a problem as it does quieten down by 2am). I grabbed some earplugs for night 2 and 3 and slept really well. It was VERY warm in our room so closing the window wasn't really an option but may have been a bit quieter if I had I suppose.

- some of the rooms are a little cramped and only have showers but again if this is just a quick stop over they are clean and comfortable enough. Any longer I think I'd request a larger room with a bath towards the back of hotel (not sure if this exists but would be worth an ask)

- it's really unfortunate that Whitley Bay itself is a bit neglected now and this reflects on the street as it's mainly run down/closed bars and B&B.s. so if your looking for stunning views it's probably not the place for you.

- car parking is very limited but lots of on street parking along the road

Overall it's a great base for a night out or a stop over. I'm really impressed with the service, comfort, cleanliness and breakfast. Plus the bar downstairs had good live music and decent quality drinks available.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank bluesky07791
David P, Marketing at Hotel 52, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Hi,
Thank you for reviewing your recent experience at Hotel 52. I am pleased you found our staff helpful and unobtrusive but naturally disappointed to read that other aspects of your stay may of fell below expectations. Your comments will be shared for review and changes where necessary.

Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

Arrived to find extremely limited parking. Had to park on the street outside derelict hotels and nightclubs. No tv remote for a tv which wasn’t setup and menu in German. Had to program the tv to drown out what sounded like scores of people constantly shouting, screaming and fighting in the street outside. This was made worse by not being able to close the only window/sky light. I’m guessing the reason for all the derelict hotels is the presence of the nightclubs, as its impossible to sleep in this area. I’m half expecting my car to be damaged when I leave wading through vomit and half eaten kebabs. Regret not booking Premier Inn down the road. This is not a place suitable for families or anyone expecting to sleep.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Booked this hotel in a rush as a last minute break away for the night. I booked a room in the East wing which over the weekend isn’t recommended with children, the hotel emailed me the next day and they kindly agreed to move us at a small charge. The room was clean and modern, staff was friendly. I would stop here again with the missus, but not with the kiddies as even though we was moved to a quieter part of the hotel it was still too loud.

Trip type: Travelled with family
David P, Marketing at Hotel 52, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

Hi,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review following your recent stay with us, We are happy to read you found the hotel to be clean, modern with a friendly team.
We do hope to welcome you back in the near future,

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

Staying here for 4 nights with Eclipse travel. This is not a hotel for a coach party of 32 senior citizens. There is no restaurant no lounge and the bar is a sports bar. Rooms in photos are very deceiving much smaller than normal single
Mombeds.Kim the receptionist has been great but with no lift and lots of stairs I repeat this is not a suitable hotel for a coach party.

Trip type: Travelled with friends