All reviewspiano barthe penthouseburger barsea viewisle of manexecutive roomcentral promenadekipperssingle roombuffet stylecoach partyreception staffsea frontlovely hotelcoach tripevening mealbreakfast was excellent
Reviewed 8 March 2017

Stayed for a weekend
Pros
Good parking outside (may be challenging in high season tho)
Good wifi
Good breakfast
Good value
Easy 15 minute walk into town

Cons
Hotel is a bit dated/tired, not a big deal tho

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2017

The hotel is very well located on the central promenade near bus stops, shops and restaurants. Staff are very friendly and helpful, the hotel is very clean and the breakfast is exceptional full fry up or croissants, cereal, fruit I am glad we booked the breakfast when booking our room as I don't think we would have got a better breakfast anywhere else, well worth it.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sandra b
HEHotels, Manager at The Empress Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2017

Dear Sandra B
Thanks for your kind words and I'm pleased you enjoyed the stay.
Our breakfast is great value and sets you up for a day out with a good selection of items available.
I hope you are able to return again later in the year.
Regards
Neil Gray
Business Manager

Reviewed 22 February 2017

Hi,

I spent three nights in the hotel in February.
As in the title, it's good hotel and friendly staff.
I didn't use the hotel's gym and didn't use its restaurants for dinners so no say about those. However must say they serve very testy English breakfasts.
In my room it was very comfortable mattress in bed and quite good stuff in bathroom, so I was happy with my staying in there.

I hope, my review will be helpful for all of you... Enjoy!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Tomek_itd

Dear Tomek-itd
It's nice that you had a good stay and found the breakfast to be very tasty.
Next time you are in Douglas, I hope you will choose us again and thanks for the comments.
Regards
Neil Gray
Business Manager

Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

Heard good reviews to stay here but in my opinion it was not too good.
The rooms decor didn't match, the trouser press didn't work, the gym equipment didn't work neither did the steam room. Oh & twice when still in bed before we got up for breakfast the cleaners were in the room. NOT ACCEPTABLE!! 3 hrs before check out!
The Best thing was the buffet breakfast & service with a smile from the waiters/waitresses.
We won't be returning again!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Diane K
Reviewed 17 February 2017

We were greeted by a very pleasant young man on Reception who explained the hotel facilities to us. We had a problem as our suitcase had failed to arrive at the airport and was hopefully to be delivered later that evening. He assured us that if it did we would receive a call from the hotel. Our room (The Penthouse) was fabulous and huge. A massive and so so comfortable bed. Lovely bathroom with bath and a great power shower. Went out to meet friends and received a call from the hotel to say that our case had arrived. Quite made the evening.
The breakfast was just about the best buffet breakfast we have ever had. The food was piping hot and the serving dishes were not over-large frequently refilled and therefore everything was fresh.
We also spent a little time at the bar one evening and the young man in charge was delightful.
We used to live on the Island and had come back to surprise a friend on his 65th birthday so it was our first time staying there in a hotel. We chose The Empress for it's location and reputation. We were not disappointed.
To sum up it's a lovely hotel which has been tastefully modernised without losing its individuality. There is a very high standard of cleanliness. The staff are friendly and nothing is too much trouble. Finally I must mention again the breakfast was fabulous. We were only sorry we did not have the opportunity to eat in the brasserie as the A la carte menu looked very interesting. Maybe next time.

Room Tip: Choose a room with sea view.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple