All reviews break with national holidays national coach sound of the waves first floor shanklin beach a sea view room waiting staff coach parties bit dated great holiday new owners enjoyable stay tea and coffee the cliff plenty of choice many thanks full english
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Stayed 3 nights over Easter. Hotel car park to the rear of the hotel. Single room with balcony & sea view. The room was small but perfectly adequate for a single traveller. Very compfy bed. Excellent breakfast. Would definitely recommend this hotel and hopefully book again when visiting the Isle of Wight.

Stayed: March 2018
2  Thank rosemaryanne1
Reviewed 3 April 2018

We have just been on a national holiday to this hotel and yet again we have had a fantastic time. The hotel was in a excellent location just across the road from the beach and we enjoyed sitting in the bar area watching the ships go by. The staff were all very friendly and helpful and I was very surprised on my birthday when they presented me with a lovely chocolate cake. Our room was very nice and we had plenty of space to move around in. I rang the hotel before we travelled to tell them that I would need oxygen delivered to the hotel for my stay they reassured me that it would be no problem at all and when we checked in it was all set up in the room for me, so if you have any concerns just ring the hotel and I am sure they will do everything they can to help. Once again thanks to everyone concerned for a really great holiday and we would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: March 2018
2  Thank Janet W
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Just got back from shanklin beach hotel. Lovely hotel personally I would recommend it. Clean pleasant very friendly and hospitable .All staff went out of there way to see to your needs. Food was tasty and hot.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Neil P, Manager at Shanklin Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Thank you for your kind response. I personally think we have some of the best staff in the industry
working here. They will all go that extra mile for the guests!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The hotel is right in front of the sea, which is great. The building is old and basic, and the room as well. There is a sink in the room, which is odd! All together is okay, I only think they shouldn't charge £50 for that room. It's a bit overpriced for what you get. Positive thing: they do happy hour which is nice and cheap.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

It is a Victorian Hotel and so all the rooms are unique and room layouts can be unusual compared to
present day purpose built hotels. There are plus's and minus's in having one !!

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Went to this hotel with 4 friends for a "making memories" long weekend. We were welcomed by friendly efficient staff, the owner delivered our cases to our room. The room was very clean, tea and coffee facilities, clean comfortable beds. The bathroom was adequate but the only washing facility was a sink in the bedroom. The toilet and shower were in a tiny bathroom. Would have preferred a complete ensuite.
The breakfast was lovely, and arrived at the table hot. Dinner was just as good. Varied and very tasty. The staff again were excellent and attentive and nothing was a problem to them. Maybe worth noting anyone with mobility problems may struggle with the steps. There is a lift but there are corridors and lots of stairs.Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank dawnesim
Neil P, Owner at Shanklin Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Thank you for your kind review. I do believe we have some of the nicest staff of any hotel, and I am pleased that you also enjoyed our food.
For those people with mobility issues we do try and place them downstairs or near the lift because as you
say, away from the lifts there are still a few stairs to negotiate even when you reach your floor. With prior notice we can normally place guests in suitable rooms.
Once again, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again.