Shanklin Beach Hotel
Aqua Hotel(Shanklin)
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
Carlton Hotel(Shanklin)
All reviewsnational holidaysnational coachsound of the wavesfirst floorshanklin beacha sea view roomoverlooking the beachcoach partiesgreat holidaynew ownersbit datedwaiting staffenjoyable staythe cliffplenty of choicemany thanksfull english
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Stayed 3 nights over Easter. Hotel car park to the rear of the hotel. Single room with balcony & sea view. The room was small but perfectly adequate for a single traveller. Very compfy bed. Excellent breakfast. Would definitely recommend this hotel and hopefully book again when visiting the Isle of Wight.

Stayed: March 2018
2  Thank rosemaryanne1
Reviewed 3 April 2018

We have just been on a national holiday to this hotel and yet again we have had a fantastic time. The hotel was in a excellent location just across the road from the beach and we enjoyed sitting in the bar area watching the ships go by. The staff were all very friendly and helpful and I was very surprised on my birthday when they presented me with a lovely chocolate cake. Our room was very nice and we had plenty of space to move around in. I rang the hotel before we travelled to tell them that I would need oxygen delivered to the hotel for my stay they reassured me that it would be no problem at all and when we checked in it was all set up in the room for me, so if you have any concerns just ring the hotel and I am sure they will do everything they can to help. Once again thanks to everyone concerned for a really great holiday and we would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: March 2018
2  Thank Janet W
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Hotel has a good view and carpak but...
Lack of atmosphere, bad bed made my husband and me pain our back alot, room doesn't keep quiet we could hear every single words that other customers have talked on corridor! We stayed 2 nights but they didn't hoover in our room(I know because I was a high standard cleaner before so I spotted it), poor bathroom
Breakfast was alright but not excellent not sure if recommend!!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Neil P, Manager at Shanklin Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Guest. I am sorry you had an uncomfortable stay. We are in the process of changing some of the mattresses,
As the hotel has been under new management for less than a year, there are still things that we know needs to improve,
some mattresses being one of them. However we generally do not hoover the rooms on a daily basis, it is just not possible
with the staff we have and the rates we charge.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Just got back from shanklin beach hotel. Lovely hotel personally I would recommend it. Clean pleasant very friendly and hospitable .All staff went out of there way to see to your needs. Food was tasty and hot.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind response. I personally think we have some of the best staff in the industry
working here. They will all go that extra mile for the guests!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The hotel is right in front of the sea, which is great. The building is old and basic, and the room as well. There is a sink in the room, which is odd! All together is okay, I only think they shouldn't charge £50 for that room. It's a bit overpriced for what you get. Positive thing: they do happy hour which is nice and cheap.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

It is a Victorian Hotel and so all the rooms are unique and room layouts can be unusual compared to
present day purpose built hotels. There are plus's and minus's in having one !!