“Wonderful venison!”

The Waterside Bistro
Ranked #6 of 30 Restaurants in Haddington
Price range: US$6 - US$37
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly, View, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Delighted to find the Findlay family in town now with this Bistro. The pate was beautifully prepared a. Slid down easily with the warm toast. The venison was on as a special ....and was enjoyed accordingly! So well prepared and consequently enjoyed
. £55 for two including just one glass of proseco . Top end of what we were expecting....but will be back for a future special occasion.

1  Thank John M

Reviewed 3 October 2017

I've not had a steak with as much flavour for a long time and never in Scotland! Great welcome and service, definitely worth a visit.

1  Thank gucci_10
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

We had a meal a on a Saturday evening. The staff were attentive and friendly. We had scallop starters which were a bit over done with a too rich sauce which spoils the flavour of the scallops. The mains were a well cooked hake but under seasoned and a good venison which was over cooked. We felt a bit underwhelmed but will go back and try again.

3  Thank John B
Reviewed 30 September 2017

we have been twice now but not again. The first time was total confusion but as the place had just reopened we made allowances. Then we returned on the promise of VIP treatment, I just wish we had not. Wine had to be requested twice, the soup was so salty it was inedible. The main course was served with Tagliatelle which arrived as a tennis ball sized wad of solid pasta with the food thrown on top. My salad consisted of clods of onion with shredded cabbage stalk and large tasteless tough tomatoes. All this from one of "Scotland's top chefs"?????. I would rather have a sideplate size of excellently cooked and presented food than the heaped plates of medeocre gunge that was served to us that night. This was supposed to be a meal to show us what they could do..... well they certainly did that! Tasteless at its best and crude. A main course scallop dish ....one scallop (not even king sized) in a reduction that was so salty it burned your tongue..... I'll stop here... maybe I was the exception, maybe chef was elsewhere, maybe, maybe. Happy to talk to you Jim but it was horrific.

1  Thank fothersScotland
Reviewed 26 September 2017

My husban & I returned to the Waterside after hearing The Findlay family were back.We were greeted on arrival with a very warm welcome and the evening just kept getting better.It was a cold miserable night but inside it was warm & welcoming and the food excellent. I will be returning with my girlie friends on the 24th October for my birthday and I can't wait.Thanks to all the staff.

1  Thank lynbevan123