All reviews sea view balcony room bar prices the hotel manager great entertainment paignton pier tea coffee sea front family room hotel is situated little gem short stay eddie break charity tlc
Reviewed 20 August 2018

This hotel has an excellent position in a very quiet area with great views of the bay. It is within walking distance of several pubs and the centre of Paignton. A short walk into Preston gives you access to buses and some small shops. The hotel isn't too big and we were given a room with an amazing view which made up for the tired feeling of the hotel. It was clean and comfortable with a good sized bathroom. There is a small area outside to sit and have a drink at the front of the hotel. We had breakfast included so went down to the breakfast room on our first morning and the waitress was very confused and unhelpful - because our room number was not on an allocated table she did not know what to do. Eventually we were seated and just left - no information on what was on offer or where the cereal etc was. We ordered a full English and I have to say the quality of the products used was awful. I have stayed in cheaper hotels and had amazing quality products. The second morning the same thing happened no room number on a table - not sure again what to do. I went for scrambled eggs this time - again poor quality and the bread used for toast was sweet and doughy. Not nice. Whatever system they were using clearly was not working and we saw several people just left for ages with no one taking orders. One couple left and went elsewhere after waiting 30 minutes for the waitress to come over. The guy on reception told us they have a system and wasn't interested in anything we or the people who left had to say. Again clearly the system did not work.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2018

The hotel has had a complete upgrade new carpets and beds.the restaurant has a different layout. Sadly there appears to be. A lot less staff .Most of the old staff seem to have left. On arrival the manager told us he was being moved. The new manager and his wife were incredibly lovely people.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cyril B
Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

We arrived for a 1 night stay as it was our silver wedding anniversary. We checked in early which was great. When we got to our room it was at the back of the building so the view was a hedge. The room was old and dated and had a smell that I can only describe as old cigarettes. We weren’t happy so went to reception to ask for another room. We changed to a balcony room at the front which was a lot better but an extra £40. The view was lovely. The room was ok but there were cobwebs hanging from the ceiling and down the wall by the patio doors. There were hand prints all over the windows. No hairdryer so had to go back to reception with wet hair to ask for 1. Well what can I say about the shower...worst shower I’ve ever taken. No water pressure so it seemed to take a long time to wash hair etc. At breakfast this morning I asked for a cooked breakfast. I don’t like sausages so asked for a veggie sausage instead but still wanted the bacon. The waitress came back and said they couldn’t do that in case someone came in wanting a veggie breakfast. Surely they should have enough veggie sausages in the freezer for when this happens. We asked for toast which took 15 minutes to arrive. The glasses on the table for orange juice were dirty and had lipstick marks around the rim.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2018

Very nice ,clean hotel lovely host and staff. About a ten minute walk to the centre of things along the sea front - nice and flat. Choice of breakfast and lots of places to eat in the town at very reasonable prices.

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

From the minute I arrived I could feel all the stress lift off of me, I had a lovely warm welcome when I arrived and asked if I could possibly have a cup of tea on the terrace outside in the sunshine! What a beautiful scenic spot!

I was on the 3rd floor and had a really comfortable stay! Lovely warm shower and good quality TV

Breakfast was really nice, quick service and very polite staff!

I think the best part of my stay was waking up and looking at the view from my window! So breathtaking almost like being abroad and the staff were very friendly too, I felt very comfortable there and would definitely visit again!

Date of stay: June 2018