“two days being pampered”
Review of The Palace

The Palace
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Paignton
Kidderminster, United Kingdom
“two days being pampered”
Reviewed 3 March 2012

On the spur of the moment , my husband and I deceided to spend a couple of days away at the seaside. I had looked at the reviews, but was skeptical of the level of service for the rate we were quoted for Dinner Bed and Breakfast. We spent time in the pool,sauna and steam room , relaxed in the comfortable room with seaview and dined on the magnificent repast that was deftly served morning and evening. The only thing that was not perfect was that we could only stay for two days. I am now trying to find time to return as soon as possible. Thank you to all Staff for making an excellent break.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank happybythesea

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Everything that can be said about this hotel has already been said. I arrived home yesterday after a week's stay and can state that the Palace is the finest hotel I have ever had the pleasure of staying at and will look no further for any future holiday. I have already booked for a fortnight in June and a further week in December and am already looking forward to them.

Room Tip: If you are a single traveller like myself, ask for room 60 (2nd. floor) or 20 (1st. floor), very goo...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Doreen709
south devon
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Havent stayed here, but have had lunch here many times. also joined the leisure suite, which is well run with a lovely pool, of course if you are not resident you have to pay for, residents are free. I have been recently to enquire about a booking, about a Party to book a room. "Front of house" very professional , and attentive , we were offered tea/coffee until the manager was free.

Manager very smart and attentive , and supplied me with a brochure.

Hotel clean modern smart and warm .

I cannot vouch for hotel rooms, but would imagine .... if everything on ground floor is in order, bedrooms would be as good.!

Well done Palace Hotel. If I didnt live locally I would not hesitate to stay here.!

Room Tip: Ask for sea view !
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank kezziedog
DEVON
Reviewed 21 February 2012

My husband and I had a fantastic weekend and this hotel. We had a second floor sea veiw room which was very spacious and comfortable. Lovely bed, huge plasma t.v., tea, coffee, hot chocolate making facilities with biscuits and even a large bottle of drinking water, comfortable armchairs to sit beside the window and enjoy the view across the sea.

Hotel was very clean with lovely decor and the staff were all so friendly and helpful..nothing was too much trouble. Food was excellent, very tasty and plenty of it and the waiting staff were very attentive.

The evening entertainment was very good, singers, a comedian and a magician. Lovely big secure car park. Hotel well situated within walking distance to town centre and to Torquay.
The only slight downside was the en-suite bathroom, very clean but could do with a bit of a facelift but certainly wouldn't put me of going there again. So impressed that we will be booking again next year.

Room Tip: sea view is best as back rooms overlook buildings.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RJBDevon
Cheltenham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Absolutely Fabulous,from the moment we walked in we were made to feel welcome with the complimentary tea and coffee,we were a family party of 18 for my dads 70th birthday and they couldnt do enough for us!!!The food and the waiters and waitresses were very good,they were courteous and very friendly.The bedroom i had was sea facing and very nice and comfortable.we have said we will definately be back!!!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paignton
0.6 km away
4.0 km away
The Headland Hotel
The Headland Hotel
#12 of 87 in Torquay

Been to The Palace? Share your experiences!