US$109
US$77
US$57
Hotels.com
PremierInn.com
Premier Inn Wigan (M6, J25) Hotel(Wigan)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
The Brocket Arms Hotel(Wigan)(Great Value!)
US$56
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

Not a good first impression...the area is quite rundown, with boarded up and derelict buildings, next to a cemetery. Sadly, the theme continues in the hotel - it must be decades since any refurbishment or decorating. It is a very large old building, so I can appreciate the cost implications, but this place is in dire need of attention. My bedroom was facing the road and quite noisy, but at least it was warm and dry.
On the positive, the staff were very friendly and helpful, and breakfast was very nice.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank ACBloo
Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

On the positive side Nikki could not have been more helpful. When we needed a bedside table and lamp she brought one. When we asked for than just the two pillows in the room she brought more. But why weren't these already there, as standard? The breakfast was very good: I always judge a hotel on tbecsausage served. This was really tasty.
Unfortunately the general decor of the Coaching Inn lets it down. Dusty, dingy and tired. We had come for my grandaughter's birthday and shecalwsys like to come up to 'inspect tgechotel room we stay in. Wiith a child's innocence she announced from the bathroom (a very narrow space where the shower door can not be opened properly- you have to squeeze in and out. See picture) loudly "Ugghh Grandad the shower is dirty. Come and see" the skirting in the bathroom was covered inlayers of csjed on dirt and dust. Most unpleasant. The whole place has had less than the minimum spent on upkeep and repair, which unfortunately lets it down. The tv on the room was a a big screen and more than adequate btw.
I could get used to the fact that the front door is locked from 10 am to 4 pm. And after 10 pm you let yourself in by a side door and make your way up the back stairs through the complicated short, poorly lit corridors. But the general dinginess of the place means we won't be going back on our next trip to Wigan.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 January 2017

What matters to me is a comfortable night's sleep, a lovely breakfast in the morning and I don't want to spend a fortune. Add to this a very welcoming host and the Coaching Inn fits the bill. I stayed for 1 night and have already booked again. It's not modern design nor swish decoration but it is cosy,comfortable and clean with everything you will need in the room. I slept very well in a comfortable bed, enjoyed a nice hot shower before heading down for breakfast. The choice was as good as any hotel I have stayed in with fruit juice, yoghurt and cereal, excellent full English Breakfast with coffee and toast a plenty. Very pleased with the value for money and service provided.

Stayed: January 2017
Reviewed 20 June 2016 via mobile

We booked this hotel for one night through late rooms.com and was charged £125 for our double room. We had a family emergency followed sadly by a death in the family and had to get to Liverpool in a hurry. Late rooms.com found us this hotel after I had tried for hours to get somewhere as near to Liverpool as possible. The landlady kindly offered to allow us late arrival (22.30) due to our predicament, and a free breakfast in the morning, but that is where the goodness stopped. The rooms are usually charged at around £54 to which we were not informed of by late rooms.com.
On way to our room the staircase was dirty the quality of the room was very poor. Skirting boards were dusty and dirty as were the walls. We had a large drainage pipe running through our toilet that made the most horrendous noise when other hotel users flushed their toilet, this kept us awake most of the night.
We had not long sat down to breakfast when we got a call to return to the hospital in Liverpool immediately, because if this we didn't have the chance to complain about the room or the price. I contacted laterooms.com but was offered no refund. Below are some of the pictures of our room
I will never use late rooms.com again and will not stay in this hotel again

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 December 2015

Stayed here for months with work. Value for money hotel, certainly worth the £30 a night! Comfy bed, clean bathroom with shower that works properly. Can't complain at all! The Rock Inn pub just down the road was worth visiting for a decent pint.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled on business
reception1, Owner at Coaching Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2016

Thanks for your comments they are much appreciated.