US$53
  • Pool
US$83
US$64
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$72/night.

Free cancellation until 29/07
  • Bar/Lounge
US$74
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
The Brocket Arms Hotel(Wigan)(Great Value!)
All reviewsair conbeansironing boarddecent locationwithout fussgreat hotelbreakfast was includedroom was cleanone nightstaff were friendly and helpfulstayed for nightsnight staymember of staffyogurton arrivalstephenhairdryer
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

If this is the next generation Holiday Inn Express then I like it. New place and it shows. Great rooms, excellent staff and a lovely breakfast with ample parking and decent location. My only minor criticism is that the individual air con in the room took a very long time to warm up, but this is minor. Other than that faultless !

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Jimmy F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wigan, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Hi Alan D,

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. We have recently made adjustments to the air conditioning setup so I am sure you will see an improvement on your next visit!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We stayed at the Holiday Express over the bank holiday Easter weekend - and we were pleasantly surprised! The hotel is lovely - very modern and luxurious. I believe it was only built around Christmas time and this shows as it is very clean, modern and everything looks immaculate. The bed was huge, the bathroom also very large and very smart and modern. The room comes with everything you need including ironing board, hair dryer and iron. You can adjust the aircon in the room and there is a very cool smart TV in each room. Our room came with a chair and table, which was very cool. I can't speak highly enough about the room! We also had breakfast included which was very nice - as it was a bank holiday it ran until 10.30 which is nice as we are not very early risers. The buffet was delicious, there was a selection of hot food: bacon, beans, scrambled eggs, sausage, toast etc. I am a vegetarian and the blonde older lady at breakfast kindly made me a quorn sausage to go with my breakfast - this lady was also very friendly, and had a great relationship with guests. There was also a selection of cereal, croissants and apple juice, orange juice, and hot beverages. One observation I would make and other guests were making is that the toaster was very slow and it was a bit chaotic when everyone was waiting for their toast! Other than that the selection was great and we were incredibly full and left the hotel very happy.

The greeting on arrival wasn't the warmest from a female receptionist (dark hair), and when we wanted to check out there was nobody on the desk we had to go to the kitchen to chase the same receptionist to check out, this is only a minor comment but could've been a bit more smilier, friendlier. Overall our experience was great, we would definitely stay again - the location is good, very close to the centre of Wigan and the stadium. Great stay and definitely reasonably priced thank you x

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vicky H

Hi VickyHeywood,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of our hotel. We appreciate all forms of feedback and I am delighted that you had such a positive stay.

Your observations have been taken on board and fed back to the team, and I can happily say we have recently replaced the toaster with something a little quicker!

I hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel sometime soon!

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Great hotel, decent location, only a taxi ride away to the town centre. Breakfast was ample, all you can eat and very tasty. Friendly and helpful staff, definitely stay here again when in the area. If the prices stay the same, they are very competitive.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Hi Andrew C,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel, we take great pride in what we do and it is lovely to see our guests talking positively about the hotel. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights. Friendly, warn and genuine welcome by Stephen. Great room, spacious, modern and wonderfully appointed. Breakfast was great quality food. We ate one evening in the bar. Again great quality food and friendly service. Staff took time to talk to people which is so rare in hotels today. Thank you

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Hi Cillers,

Thank you for such a positive review of our hotel, we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

An odd conversion of a hotel, but kind of makes it interesting for a Holiday Inn Express. It used to be a newspaper office, with an odd layout meaning none of the rooms are the same. Bathroom had big frosted glass windows which was nice change from the normal LED lit pod bathrooms in most modern hotels.
I'm not normally one for eating in hotel restaurants, but as my one night here was the same night as a Wigan v Blackpool derby match I did. Good quality food. Only complaint they ran out of the pancake special on pancake day!
If I end up in the area again for work I'd stay again without question.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business

Hi Ploes,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you found your stay enjoyable and we hope to be able to welcome you back to us in the near future!