“A Lovely Place to Eat”

Zen
Ranked #36 of 357 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 12 July 2018

Visited here with my partner on a Tuesday evening. We had booked a table in advance, which seemed to be a good idea as the restaurant started to get quite full by about 7:30pm.
The decor was lovely, we had a table underneath the tree which was nice.
The food was fantastic; my boyfriend is a big fan of Asian/Thai food but it's not really my cup of tea, however I really enjoyed everything I tried. My boyfriend said that the rocket ribs were the best ribs he's ever had.
We thought that the prices were fair for the quality of food, the service was good and we didn't wait very long.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,305)

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

While the bartender was very friendly and competent, our waitress seemed unwilling or unable to provide information about which dishes could be made vegetarian. The Filipino style tofu & vegetable dish was pretty flavorful (heavy coconut curry), the rest fell well short of what I expect from a good Asian restaurant. The lettuce wraps (with prawns) were nearly flavorless, as were the very greasy vegetable spring rolls. Really, this rating should be 3 or 3.5 stars but it's really a very pretty restaurant inside.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Visited on Saturday 7th July. The restaurant was not too busy and we were shown to our table swiftly. There was no rush to order our meal as there can be sometimes.
The service was pleasant and my starter and main were delicious. The staff were efficient and pleasant at all times. Even after we had eaten and had our coffee we did it feel as if we were being hurried along.
All in all a great meal in a lovely setting. We will return.

Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

Beautiful restaurant in downtown Durham! Solid Asian food, great cocktails and lovely atmosphere! Definitely recommend...make reservations, especially on weekends or you will be disappointed

Reviewed 28 June 2018

Great value, excellent service and delicious food. On a hot day it was cool and relaxing inside. There was a huge choice and we had a wonderful celebratory meal.