“Poor service this time but ............”

The Rib Room Steakhouse and Grill
Ranked #47 of 355 Restaurants in Durham
Price range: US$19 - US$78
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: AA Award Winning Restaurant in Durham We're rightly proud of the reputation that the Rib Room has as one of the finest dining venues in the North East. At the AA award-winning Rib Room Steakhouse and Grill, steaks are the house speciality, where we serve the finest Durham beef, matured for up to 32 days, to produce a succulent and tender steak. And don't just take our word for it- you can take a peak in our unique meat locker and see the quality of the product for yourself. The style of the dining room goes towards creating the perfect atmosphere with round tables with banquette seating available. The menu includes a range of fresh fish and vegetarian dishes so there really is something to suit everyone. And to wash your delicious dinner down choose from our extensive wine list offering more than 50 hand picked wines.
Reviewed 17 August 2018

The restaurant was very busy and although we arrived early and ordered our meals we were left waiting in the lounge area for almost an hour. My husband did complain to the duty restaurant manager and we were eventually taken to our table.
I think, to make up for the delay, we were given a lovely booth. The meal was delicious as usual and when we paid the bill they had deducted our second round of drinks and our desserts which was very kind.
I am sure they pride themselves on their usual excellent service and feel they were truly sorry for our poor experience this time.
It would not put us off visiting again and we look forward to our next visit.

2  Thank BobbyDurham

Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

Lovely meal, excellent service, delicious 6oz fillet steak, amazing homemade chips and delicious Australian Shiraz. Faultless and good value for money. I will definitely be back!

1  Thank lozzafay
Reviewed 11 August 2018

Great service from Jean, very attentive without being obtrusive. We had a lovely meal, variety of options on the menu giving a good choice of foods. The restraunt is set in a hotel and gardens providing pleasant surroundings. Happily recommend.

2  Thank Judy2612
Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

We ate in here the 1st night. Alicja was amazing our waitress for the night who wished me well and blessings for my upcoming wedding in October. The food was outstanding and the best steak I have ever had. Also we had the King prawn starter which was off this planet. We are eating there again tonight!!

1  Thank Eno89
Reviewed 23 July 2018

Would have probably given 5 stars, the staff were all pleasant and professional,and the food was good. However i find it difficult to understand how a hotel of this standing can let the bathroom facilities be so poor. You could smell the gents in the bar area when you opened the outer door, and the floor was wet and slippy. I didn't notice any record of staff visits to clean, which is common place now even in supermarkets. I know you can probably lay the blame on some of the people who use the facilities, but its the hotels responsibility to mention a certain standard. Disappointing !

1  Thank Mike B