All reviews stayed here good size plenty of storage space petrol station family funeral a large car park wedding reception town centre fresh fruit room was spacious visiting barrow biscuits breakfast was excellent comfortable stay the hotel staff top floor lounge
Reviewed 20 August 2015 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel after our trip to the South Lakes Zoo. Lovely and clean and tidy room - everything was spick and span. The owners of the hotel were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them. We didn't have a meal here so I can't comment on their meals but their breakfasts were lovely and they were very helpful with the children asking them what they wanted for their breakfasts.

All in all a lovely hotel that we would definitely go back to.

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2015

I stayed here for a long weekend in April, arriving on a Friday and checking out on a Monday. The room was very good value for money, particularly for a solo traveler. The breakfast was probably the best I've had in Barrow, with everything cooked to order and fresh. The staff I met were all very friendly, even when I had to call the manager out late on the Saturday evening to let me in as I couldn't get my front door key to work. The whole place has a real family run feel about it, and although not the most modern in terms of decor and facilities, it has a charm which is sometimes hard to find these days. I'll definitely be using this hotel again.

Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 5 July 2015

This Hotel is very good value for money, have paid a lot more for a lot less !! Dated decor (don't change it) but very very clean and comfortable. Tea and Coffee making facilities in the room were excellent (mugs were great). Stayed in Room 12 on the top floor at the front of the Hotel (stairs weren't a problem). Staff were very pleasant when we checked in.Breakfast was lovely beans on toast and scrambled egg (our choice).Hotel is central and within 10 minutes walking from the Town Centre.
Very pleased and good value for money

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rose G
Reviewed 22 June 2015 via mobile

We booked the hotel as a last minute birthday/Father's Day night away and paid £70 for a family room. The staff were very helpful and friendly throughout our stay. The family room was a great size with one double (very comfortable) and one single. They did ring beforehand to check occupancy and I believe they can accommodate 2 adults and 3 children in some rooms. The hotel is a little dated but very clean and spacious. The breakfast available was very good, choice of cereals, fruit, toast (with a selection of jams and marmalade) or a full English. They did cater for our child who opted for scrambled egg on toast. All in all a great stay and excellent value for money. Would definitely go back.

Date of stay: June 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 May 2015

Good value for money hotel. The staff are friendly & helpful (altho' not always immediately visible !).The rooms are comfortable & clean as are the bathrooms. The breakfast is always excellent. A little old fashioned in its decor but well maintained & in good condition. One of our friends used to visit all the way from the USA to visit relatives & stayed at the Lisdoonie every year as it is good value & well located. Have visited many times & will do so again with family & friends.

Room tip: upper floors involve lots of stairs so anyone with mobility issues would need lower floors
Date of stay: April 2015