“Revisit”

Price range: US$8 - US$29
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The finest place to eat in Cumbria's Southern Peninsula Welcome to an easier, more pleasurable dining experience. At Oscar's you will enjoy the best food, the best drinks, the best service and, of course, the best surroundings in South Cumbria. ...from start to finish, whether you're here for drinks and nibbles or your most special celebration,we hope you enjoy everything Oscar's has to offer. All of our meat carries the Red Tractor Assurance, so you'll know it's guaranteed British. All of our fish are from suppliers registered with the Marine Stewardship Council, certified sustainable with full traceability direct to the vessel it was landed from. Oscar's prepares and serves food simply yet differently,with the finest local ingredients available. If you have any allergies or specific dietary requirements, please inform our dedicated team, we will do our utmost to accommodate. Our food is freshly prepared in a kitchen that uses nuts and seafood. Thank you for dining at Oscar's
Reviewed 8 November 2017

After poor service on our last visit we returned with friends at the weekend and I must say the service has very much improved and the food was excellent, nicely presented and very tasty, there was one small issue, the music was far too loud so we had to ask for it to be turned down. I must thank John its a shame we never met him on the night.

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

Went for lunch with family this being my second visit to Oscars lovely atmosphere but it was a bit dark and cold in there today! Anyway food was lovely always served perfectly. I had a prawn cocktail and the Oscars club both of which were really nice. Only down side was that after the mains the plates were left on the table for quite a while which I find annoying. Some had desserts and the Oscars mess went down well!

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I visited Sunday 29th October and had the 3 course deal for £25.00. The food was excellent quality and we both enjoyed our evening, the restaurant surroundings are beautiful. However there were a couple of negatives. We both ordered the steak burger, and when they arrived one of the burgers was slightly pink in the middle, but the other one was on the rare side. It was far too rare for my boyfriend to eat as he likes his beef well done. I ate the rare one as I prefer my beef on the pinker side, however it would of been better if the waitresses had asked us how we would like our beef cooking, as some people don't like their beef rare.
The larger issue was the amount of time waiting for the food. It took 40 minutes for the desserts to arrive, and we overheard a lady complaining that they had waited 50 minutes for their desserts and were threatening to walk out if they didn't arrive asap. This was a shame as the food and staff were great overall, and I would definitely recommend the restaurant but be aware that you may have a wait between courses.

AbbeyHouseHotel, General Manager at Oscar’s, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Dear TinkBell,
Thanks for your recent review. I will feedback to the kitchen team and improve thanks to your review.
Oscar's is a very popular venue and we do allow 2.5 hours for tables to complete 3 courses, we do our utmost to make all guests aware during busier periods.
I hope to welcome you back to the hotel & Oscar's again in the near future.
Warm regards,

Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

Fantastic food with brilliant staff. Food is the highest standard. Good for kids to as the staff was great with them.

Dear Lowey180,
Thanks for your lovely feedback, I hope to see you at the hotel again in the near future.
Many thanks,

Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

Went for the 2nd time in a matter of weeks for Sunday Lunch. Again Beautiful had the roast Ham again with soup to start. Asked for a certain table it was occupied but got the one opposite which we were very happy with. Lovely food lovely Building. Love this place

Dear Mro5Bro,
Thanks very much indeed for your lovely review, much appreciated! We do do a great roast ham! I hope to be able to welcome you back again soon.
Warm Regards,