Barrie Guest House
The Duke of Edinburgh Hotel(Barrow-in-Furness)
US$98
Dunes Hotel(Barrow-in-Furness)
US$119
Ambrose Hotel(Barrow-in-Furness)(Great Value!)
US$115
The Chetwynde Hotel(Barrow-in-Furness)
US$98
The Furness Railway Hotel(Barrow-in-Furness)(Great Value!)
US$54
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Barrow in Furness(Barrow-in-Furness)(Great Value!)
US$63
Travelodge
Premier Inn Barrow-In-Furness Hotel(Barrow-in-Furness)(Great Value!)
US$94
PremierInn.com
Lisdoonie Hotel(Barrow-in-Furness)(Great Value!)
US$73
The Hotel Majestic(Barrow-in-Furness)
US$63
TripAdvisor
Hotel Imperial(Barrow-in-Furness)
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

I booked this hotel for an overnight stay on my way back to south east England from Scotland. I stated my arrival time would be between 6 and 7 pm. When I arrived I, just after six, found there was apparently no off road parking and when I rang the door bell no one answered the door and it looked like no one was there. I could not phone the premises as my phone was not working at the time. After waiting at the door for about four to five minutes I gave up and drove over seventy miles to Wigan where I found a hotel. I opened up a dispute with the premises who refused to refund my money. I called the hotel to try to sort this out and the lady took my number and said Steve would phone me. Needless to say in the words of the Diana Ross song, I'm still waiting! I could understand keeping my money if the fault lay with myself, but considering I attended at the time I said I would, there seems no sensible reason why I should not be refunded my money. Clearly I am not happy but thankful I did not book a whole weeks stay and paid in advance!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 October 2016

Very handy for the station, quiet room, comfy bed and good facilities. Had to be away very early for the train, so owners kindly ensured provision of cereal, fresh milk, juice in my room (handy and very quiet fridge) , and plenty of toast from the toaster on the landing for me to start my day off well. Ideal! And good value too. Will certainly stay there the next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 July 2015

The Impressive building that is Barrie House just gets better and better. It combines the best of both period features and all the comfort of modern conveniences. The beds are spacious and very comfortable. The rooms are bright, airy and well furnished. This guest house has a lovely homely feel to it and this is mirrored in the warm and friendly welcome that you receive from Pam and Steve the owners of Barrie House.

I would definitely recommend this guest house to anyone looking for a relaxing comfortable base in Cumbria.

Many thanks for a wonderful stay.

Looking forward to returning very soon.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2015

The location is excellent, just outside of the town centre. The owners, Pam & Steve, (really friendly) have done all the rooms in individual themes. All TV's are flat screen and the rooms have a modern air to them and they are spacious rooms. For the price and visiting the lake district this was great value for money!

Room Tip: Request an en-suite room.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Theredsofanfield
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Just spent three weeks at Barrie house whilst working at BAE. A great B&B that's very comfortable.A nice area to sit outside for a smoke or a drink that is covered in case it rains. Which unfortunately is quite regular in Barrow. Can't recommend this place high enough. The owners are really friendly. The breakfast arrangement is a 'Do it yourself' affair. There are cereals and orange juice, with milk in the fridge and crumpets. There's a toaster in the room and microwave ovens available outside the rooms. Ideally located to the shipyard or anywhere else in Barrow for that matter. Book it you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter, however, I had no problem at the front.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business