“Decent curry house ”
Review of Lake Raj

Lake Raj
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Newly opened 2014. 5 Star Food Standards Agency hygiene rating. Contemporary indian restaurant cooking traditional indian food at the highest standard. We can cater for couples seeking a romantic meal for two, families with children and large parties for buisness bookings. Located next to royalty cinema opposite public car park.disabled access to the rear of building.
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

Plenty of options, enjoyed our curry and starters. Friendly service and plenty of staff, so the service was good. Not the best curry I have had but nothing particularly wrong with any of the food. Few bizarre comments on the menu “we reserve the right to refuse customers with no reason” this makes me feel slightly uneasy. But would still recommend for a nice curry and reasonably priced

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

We would definitely travel back down to windermere for this curry!! We would highly recommend it. Fresh food. Cooked well

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

When u r a Indian u shld normally avoid all Indian restaurants in Europe as the can be atrociously expensive and the food much below par in quality and flavour .. however we were very pleasantly surprised at the Lake Raj .. we didn’t want to experiment too much so ordered the basic dal Tarla and Kadhai paneer ... BUT we were in for a PLESANT SURPRISE the dal was delicious and the paneer soft and good . The roti was very crisp however the Naan was not to my liking as it was soft . Overall a good choice .. the only downside being their minimum billing guarantee of Pound 10 per person .

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Friday night dining for 2 adults and 3 children (between 8-14 yrs).
Staff were friendly and attentive. First outing to Indian restaurant with kids and so I was apprehensive as my kids are quite ‘traditional’ and don’t experiment much. Poppadoms with onion/mango chutney dip went down a treat! The waiter recommended mild Butter Chicker and Chicken masala type dishes - ordered with a garlic and peshwari nan - which my children thoroughly enjoyed and literally licked their plates clean!
I tasted and found the sauces very good, but the chicken itself pretty dry and chewy!
Ordered King Prawn masala for myself and received something more resembling little shrimps! Although I missed the texture of succulent prawns, the taste was still very agreeable!
Had it just been my wife and I, I would have given 3/5, but the great success with my children and friendliness of staff pushed it to 4/5.

1  Thank Alexander Baxte... S
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Visited Lake Raj with my husband on Wednesday evening. Upon arrival we thought the place looked dated and dull. However we stayed to give it a try after hearing good things about the food. The waiters were very friendly, but there seemed to be a shortage of them lol The place as busy and the service was a bit slow. However the food was delicious! It was tasty and worth the wait. We enjoyed our visit!