All reviewsperfect locationcar parkfull englishfriendly ownersboth morningsbiscuitswarm welcomeweekend breaksteep hillbreakfast was deliciouscouldn't do enoughpubs and restaurantsperfect staytwo night staystayed for nightsfeel very welcomeguest house
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We go here at least once each year and have done for a number of years . Staff are plesant the place is imaculate inside and out , This year I asked if they would have some flowers in our room and on my behalf they ordered me the idea birthday pressie for my wife . If I only had one holiday a year I would go here .

• Stayed: February 2012
3  Thank Andrew N
Reviewed 24 January 2012

stayed here for one night on a Saturday. Lovely friendly welcome. We got upgraded to a four-poster which was a pleasant surprise. Room lovely, clean and quiet. (BTW - v.nice Spanish tapas bar virtually next door!) B&B great location, near everything. Nice breakfast in morning. Overall a lovely stay and wouldnt hesitate to go back...!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MyTravelsJoWatch
Reviewed 10 January 2012

We stayed last night in this delightful b&b ,the host was very helpful,couldnt do enough for you ,SPOTLESSLY clean, Breakfast out of this world, room excellent, the whole place smelt lovely, fresh flowers and fruit in the room ,will certainly go back ,one THE best places we have stayed highly recommended ,perfect location for everything Bowness has to offer

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank SouthYorkshireLinda
Reviewed 3 January 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at Laurel cottage for two nights. The cottage itself is really pretty with beams etc on show. It is right in the centre of Bowness-on-Windermere so you don't have to drive anywhere. It has lots of lovely resteraunts. The breakfast is amazing!! A choice of cooked breakfast' and/or ceral ect to choose from. The staff Jason and Tony were extremely helpfull and welcoming. The ladies serving us breakfast were very friendly too! They helped us with good places to eat and where to visit ect.
I strongly recommend staying at this place it was a real treat!
The only thing I think that could be improved is the shower (could do with being a power shower) but apart from that 5*****!!

• Stayed: December 2011
5  Thank SJPIKE
Reviewed 1 December 2011

We stayed at Laurel Cottage last weekend and had the warmest welcome imaginable! The room was good (we stayed in a 4 poster room and it was well worth the extra money) and the breakfast was the best we've ever had when staying at a B&B. The standard of cleanliness was good as was the en-suite. The only issue (not even that really!) is that the bathroom was a bit dated but it was clean and did what it should which is all my partner and I wanted. We ran out of coffee and milk at one point and requested some more before we went out and this was in our room when we got back-along with some biscuits! Nothing appeared to be too much trouble for the staff which made such a difference-a well recommended B&B..it's worth staying just for the breakfast! Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple