“Cafe Latte”

Cafe Latte
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 22 February 2016

This is a friendly little cafe & well worth a visit. They have a small menu of sandwiches, soups, jacket potatoes etc. & a delicious selection of homemade cakes. I had a cheese & chutney sandwich & a raspberry & coconut slice, both of which were fresh & tasty. My Husband said the cherry almond cake he had was the best he had ever tasted, so I'm sure we will return when we are next in beautiful Bowness.

Reviewed 17 February 2016 via mobile

We were greeted by an ambient noise upon arrival. Unfortunately it wasn't the ambience of people nattering and enjoying their afternoons, nor was it the ambient sounds of chilled music and the sound of fresh coffee brewing. The overwhelming sound as we walked through the door and sat down at the, 'do not move the furniture' table was the oversized drinks refrigerator humming.
The overly cramped tables made for an awkward experience as the three other tables fell into silence as we settled at the table. We didn't get a great welcome, however we endured as the cakes looked incredible. We scouted out the choice and ordered. The football was on the radio, not quite the atmosphere we were expecting. The cakes and drinks arrived and it went down hill from there. We were very disappointed with the entire experience and environment. Bowness is missing a beautiful tea room. We've yet to find it.

2  Thank mikeyjwalker
Reviewed 15 February 2016 via mobile

We've struggled finding a nice cafe/tea room on our previous visits to Bowness, so when we stumbled across this hidden gem we were pleasantly surprised! Very cosy inside, just like a real English tea room, small menu with sandwiches/jacket potatoes etc and some specials on a board. Service was very good and attentive, it was quiet when we arrived and full when we left. My jacket potato was as good as it could have been, but the cake I had afterwards, wow. There was a wide selection, all homemade I believe. I opted for an almond and cherry slice and it was perfection. Everything, absolutely everything from the way the sponge melted in my mouth to the juicy, chewy cherries, to the clean almond taste with every bite and even the thin, crusty icing on top. That cake should be winning awards. It left an amazing taste in my mouth for the duration of the day. Simply genius. Next time we're back in Bowness I'll be having some more.....

1  Thank Chris C
Reviewed 11 February 2016

I visited the cafe in October with my wife, the food and service were excellent and the lady owner lovely.
I was very impressed by her efforts to raise funds for the Mountain Rescue service including baking speciality cakes, well done you.
If in Bowness give this place a try you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed 29 December 2015 via mobile

Positives:

Good location
Tasty panini
Sort of shabby chic interior

Negatives:

Staff interaction with customers (non existent) no lovely smiles

Very cramped

No hook on inside of toilet door to hang my coat and expensive handbag (had to place in floor- yuck!!)

No free wi-fi