“Unbelievable ”

Porto Restaurant
Price range: US$13 - US$32
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Description: Just a five minute stroll from the shores of Lake Windermere. Serving food all day with indoor and outdoor seating areas
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We came to the lakes on honeymoon so thought we would try a nice restaurant for food. Well we definitely found it the pork fillet main course was the best main course I’ve ever had the little black pudding Bon Bon was unbelievable. The girls who served us where very professional the chefs should be very proud of them selves if I ever come back the lakes I’m definitely returning here thank you very much Andy..

1  Thank Andrew C
Write a ReviewReviews (2,012)

Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

Excellent quality food, very attentive service, good portions and a place I will visit again and recommend. The only reason I have given a four and not a five is the limited menu compared to other restaurants.

Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

My husband and I came here for dinner two days in a row. The food is amazing and they have a good selection of wines to compliment it! We had wild mushroom risotto and lamb duo the first time and it was unbelievable! We both love good food and risotto lamb were one of the best we've ever had! The second night we had pheasant and duck breast from specials menu. Both dishes were divine! I also highly recommend chicken from starters and Argentinian Malbec if you are into red wines. From deserts we tried the creme brulee, both are amazing! The place is a bit pricey, but the quality of food combined with the pleasant atmosphere and attentive staff make it well worth the visit!

1  Thank 455verak
Reviewed 12 October 2018

Recommend booking as they were busy despite the awful weather. Interesting flavour on starters ( a little bit different to the norm) and excellent main courses.
Good selection of drinks, including local craft beers and good quality wine at reasonable prices.
Staff were attentive and service was very good. Thank you.

Reviewed 12 October 2018

My husband and I are fortunate enough to have visited this restaurant on many occasions and it has always given the same feeling as the very first time we visited, absolutely delicious, we look forward to the next time and we haven’t even left yet. The food is fabulous every time, and the staff are so attentive, and your not getting charged high end prices. This is a hidden gem in Bowness.

1  Thank NatzBar