1,686 results
All reviews lake view beautiful hotel main restaurant afternoon tea drawing room lake district buffet style course meal coffee machine cream tea scones reception area high standard fantastic views car park my partner special occasion
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Had a double room which looked out over some apartments at the back of the hotel. The lift is very old fashioned and can only accommodate one or two people with luggage. Bathroom was nice, the bedroom a bit tight and quite stuffy with the heating on but we could open a window to let some fresh air in. Breakfast was very good from a buffet and you could order further items from a menu. The views across the lake from the dining room and front gardens are excellent and you can walk to the lakefront boats and tourists facilities through the garden. Parking could be a problem during busy times as spaces in the hotel grounds are limited. Our interaction with the staff was limited but we found it to be perfectly acceptable when we needed to know anything or get help. Overall it is a nice hotel but the prices are quite expensive for what feels like a 3 to 4 stars hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Bartosz_Kowalski, Deputy General Manager at Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Dear Ian C

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent visit to Laura Ashley, The Belsfield Hotel.
I am pleased to read that you have enjoyed some aspects of your stay but I am disappointed that you feel our hotel is of 3-4 stars standard. We are checked and assessed by independent visits form AA and maintains 4 stars since 2014. Can I please encourage you to contact me directly? Guest satisfaction is paramount to us and I would like to have an opportunity to address your feedback and discuss this further.

I look forward to hearing from you soon,

dgm.belsfield@lauraashleyhotels.com

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We have stayed here a number of times and it is not what it used to be. It is an expensive hotel and unfortunately the little things let it down.

The good points are:

Lots of hot water
Showers with power and force
Wonderful views from the lake facing bedrooms
Comfortable beds
Rabbits on the lawn during breakfast, in true Beatrix Potter fashion

Points for improvement
Breakfast can be hit and if you dont order the same toast or tea as the rest of the party or of you order off the 'extra charge' menu
Cleaning is hit and miss in the bedrooms. being tall I can see dust on top of shower heads, mirrors and tables.
Have to ask for more than 4 coat hangers in a room and also have to ask on one occassion for toilet paper.
Towels with holes.
Dont go when there is a wedding on. You feel a second class citizen as rooms are closed, the carpark is full,parts of the terrace are reserved for wedding guests only and there is nowhere to sit in comfort.
Leisure facilities ie a gym or a spa dont exist
The pool is closed and looks down at heel
The lift has a manually operated door so you are reliant on others to close the door or you have to walk up or down flights of stairs

Overall it is tired, both the physical hotel and the staff. They dont seem enthusiastic or engaged when you raise issues. Money needs to be spentraising its game.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank JandC27
Bartosz_Kowalski, Deputy General Manager at Laura Ashley Hotel The Belsfield, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear JandC27

Thank you for your review and the feedback.
I am happy that you have enjoyed the views and some aspect of your stay and I can assure you that I will personally address all your constructive points.
Guest feedback is very important to us and I am sure that you will see the improvement on your next stay.

Best regards

Deputy GM

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

This is a good hotel, but as one of the more expensive it should be better. There was a wedding reception on the day we arrived meaning there was absolutely no parking avaliable. We ended up parking on the street a short walk away.

The decor is lovely and to a high standard throughout. All the staff we encountered were helpful and attentive. Breakfast was also really good and thankfully we avoided the 9.30 rush.

The bedroom was a bit warm, but the shower was really good.

To sum up, this is a good hotel, but for the price aught to be better.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Jeremy H

I am pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay despite some small inconveniences such a s parking and warm room.

I have shared your kind words with all the team and I hope I can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Received full menu in the Brasserie, waited with our drinks to order only to be told then that the Chef had decided they could only do Sandwiches due to a Wedding!
Perhaps some forward planning on Easter Sunday would have been appropriate or at the very least to have explained before seating us & taking our drinks order. Disappointing to say the least

3  Thank Rosemary D

Dear Rosemary D

Thank you for taking the time and leaving review following your recent visit to our hotel.
Please accept my apologies for lack of communication on the day and be assured that I will look into this personally to find better solution to this in the future.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Very over priced for the standard you receive. Breakfast was very disappointing we didn’t expect a buffet, also staff were not on the ball.
When we questioned the bill on check out which was incorrect by £54 the manner in which we were spoken to was rude & unacceptable when they were in the wrong. Would not return, expected a much higher standard for the amount they charge.

Date of stay: March 2018
3  Thank elvis2727

Dear elvis2727

I am very disappointed to read that some aspect of your stay were not up to our usual high standards. Please accept my apologies. Can I please ask you to contact me directly? I would like to have the opportunity to discuss this in person and rectify accordingly.

dgm.belsfield@lauraashleyhotels.com