“Shame if its closed !!!”
Review of Balance Of Bowness - CLOSED

Balance Of Bowness
Price range: US$6 - US$45
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Currently closed but opening again soon at a new location. ALSO, BALANCE BOAT COMING SOON. Balance restaurant in Bowness brings together the best of traditional dining with fresh ideas and a smart interior. The tables are beautifully set with linen and candles, the music is soft and ambient, and the atmosphere is calm and relaxed. All of this sets the stage for the food, which celebrates the best Lake District ingredients alongside hand-picked flavours from around the globe.
Reviewed 12 March 2018

It was the end of January when my wife and I went to Balance.
The food was very good and the portions were generous. The lighting was quite quirky and the young lady serving was chatty and helpful
It will be a shame if it has closed but like everywhere in the Lake district there is so much competition around and a good restaurant has to stand out from the crowd

4  Thank davo1958

Reviewed 21 February 2018

Same experience as the last reviewer. Turned up on Friday 16/02/18 at 8 pm for our booking and the place was closed. I had spoken with the owner there only 3 weeks previously to book and explain that we might be a little late depending on traffic, which he said was no problem.

Went to the Village Bar & Grill instead and had a good meal and great night!

3  Thank DominicA234
Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

The reviews looked promising so I tried 'phoning to book - no answer. I then used the on-site e-mail reservation (twice, as I dindn't receive any acknowledgement). I then tried 'phoning again and actually managed to make a reservation for 2 weeks hence! So imagine my feelings when, after driving 300 miles, we arrived (on 8th February) to find the restaurant closed!
OK so I cannot comment on the food but I can say that we were not impressed with their booking system or customer service and will not be returning.

5  Thank Mike B
Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

My partner booked us a table for my birthday meal - he rang in advance and told them it was my birthday! On our arrival they had a lovely table laid out with flower petals and happy birthday confetti :) also we were given a free glass of bubbly which was sub a lovely gesture! The staff were extremely friendly and we both had the roasted lamb meal which was cooked to perfection! My partner is a big eater and found the meal quite small but it was perfect for me! There is a carpark opposite which is free after 1800! The restaurant is quite small and probably wouldn’t go if you had a bigger party than 5/6, but it was perfect as a couple! Reasonably priced - thank you!

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Booked "Balance" based on Trip Advisor reviews. We were staying in a Hotel locally and wanted a nice meal in a Bowness Restaurant. On arrival at the Restaurant we noticed it was empty so contemplated whether to search for alternatives but it looked nice and to be fair lots of Bowness/Windermere Restaurants and shops are actually closed in January at is so quiet, and it was a miserable wet evening. Hence the title, we were the only people in the Restaurant that evening. BUT at no point felt uncomfortable, the waitress made us feel very welcome, the food was excellent and not over-priced, the Menu was quite limited but maybe that was because of the time of year. So we had a lovely meal in lovely surroundings and would happily go back in busier times.