“Awesome Office Delivery”
Review of Eggette's Kitchen

Eggette's Kitchen
Reviewed 4 July 2018

Eggette's Kitchen is such a cool place.

Great waffles, ordered for around 30 people, turned up on time and perfect!

The ice cream waffles are amazing - but without the icecream they can be a bit dry.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 1 July 2018

I visited Eggette's Kitchen on Saturday the 30th of June 2018 with my girlfriend and a friend.

There isn't too much to say about Eggette's Kitchen. It's the kind of place that serves pretty cheap but really tasty treat foods that you can give to yourself after a tough week to perk you up! They do a really good loyalty card deal there where you can get a stamp for every visit and once your card has a certain number of stamps, you can get a free eggette (an eggette is the in-house speciality waffle that can be sweet or savoury, try the white chocolate one!) or you can have a free bubble tea.

I've tried bubble tea which is standard, it's good on a hot day and pretty tasty but I really love the kinder bueno milkshake. It's really tasty and you won't be disappointed.

When I visited this time around, there was no issues with the food or drinks and service was friendly. The only minor downside I had was that one of my friends waited a really long time to be given a bubble tea. I think we waited a total of about 10 minutes for a drink which was pretty excessive considering there was only about 4 people waiting for food and drinks! However, the server was really apologetic for the wait so we're grateful for that.

Would gladly have food and drink snacks from here again.

4/5.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Called in for a quick pit stop this morning, brilliant waffles and bubble tea, didn’t expect to place in Newcastle but this establishment is a credit to the owner and great addition to the town.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

Service extremely slow. Ordered 3 bubble waffles and got 1 bubble waffle and 2 normal waffles. The savoury waffle was made with very sweet batter so tasted awful and it was rock hard. 1 hazelnut waffle that had no hazlenuts and 1 peanut butter waffle with no peanut butter. Very overpriced,the food was awful and definately not as decribed. Everyone was very disappointed as it has such good reviews. Unfortunately I ordered the food to take home or i would have asked for a refund. Definately not somewhere I would go again.

Date of visit: August 2017
Megan Tsz Kwan C, Public Relations Manager at Eggette's Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Thank you for your comment. We cherish every customer, and we do our best to make our foods and drinks perfect. We are sorry to hear the situation you had, but at the same time we are definitely sure that it literally hardly happens (e.g. Hong Kong style waffle without peanut butter, hazelnut waffle without hazelnut...etc.) and this is our first time to hear that our waffles are rock hard. Would you mind to leave a message telling us the date and the exact time you came to our store, so that we can look it up and investigate the circumstance in our systems? We are looking forward to your reply. Thank you very much.

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

After being addicted to coconut bubble tea in New York City for 2 years I had low expectations for this bubble tea and boy was I wrong. Credit to the owner, who I am told is a Keele alumni, because the bubble tea is spot on. If you have never tried bubble tea, I advise you to keep an open mind, order one cold with tapioca, and don't give up on it after the first chew. The tapioca bubbles have a strange squishy texture but once you get used to them they are addictive and delicious. I also had a chocolate-filled eggette on another occasion, but although it tasted great it was quite dry, so I recommend to order one of the sundaes because it is probably much better with ice cream. Great addition to the town centre, excellent staff and service, definitely recommend on a warm summer's day.

Date of visit: May 2017