“Super, Authentic thai”

Chorntong Thai Cuisine
Ranked #14 of 300 Restaurants in Weymouth
Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

Went to Chongthong with a group of friends. The hostess was lively and friendly and made the evening very enjoyable. This is some of the best Thai food I've had outside of Thailand. The massaman curry was particularly scrummy.

Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

Really enjoyed good take away. Efficient timing. Not huge portions but very tasty curry. Satay chicken was fantastic. I am sure a great option to eat in as well.

Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

Have eaten here 3 times now, and every time I come away feeling warm inside, and not just from the wonderful, spicy cuisine!

This place reminds me that places exist that are run by genuine and friendly people with personality, serving great food, who actually want you to enjoy yourself. It is a great antidote to chain restaurant fatigue. The lady who I think is the owner is just lovely, and promised to teach us more Thai words if we wrote a review - how could we not?!

I am no expert, but this place serves the nicest and most authentic Thai food I have experienced outside of Thailand. The portions are just about the right size (not too big in my view), beautifully presented and the menu is varied.

Have the second rose wine on the current list - is cold and beautifully but delicately fruity!

Will return often :-)

1  Thank Annaboo80
Reviewed 1 August 2016

After wandering around Weymouth on a summer's evening we spotted the Chorntong restaurant. Very friendly welcome from staff wearing traditional Thai dress. We shared a fishcake starter and my wife chose the Massaman curry main while I went for the sea food sizzler. Both dishes were excellent. Singha beer a bit expensive but good. Overall an excellent evening meal

Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

We had a lovely authentic thai meal in this friendly little restraunt. There is a choice of set menus but we chose a shared mixed starter followed by mains of prawns and chicken which were fresh and tasty.
Staff are very friendly and happy to advise on menu choices. Very reasonably priced.