“Amazing Fish ‘n’ Chips”

Ranked #12 of 310 Restaurants in Weymouth
Price range: US$1 - US$13
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Once discovered you will be guaranteed a warm welcome and fantastic fish & chips at our nationally recognised Fish 'n' Fritz takeaway and 48 seater restaurant just set back from the picturesque 17th Century Weymouth Harbour. Famous for using the finest and freshest ingredients together with our secret batter formula, ensures that we consistently produce mouth watering meals for you throughout the year.
Reviewed 1 April 2018

I had the cod and my husband had the rock, we both agreed the fish was so tasty, much more than our local north London chippy. The fish was so fresh, it was melt in the mouth. Neither of us could finish the chips. The mushy peas were delicious, we had a pot of tea but you could have wine by the glass or a bottle or a bottle of bear. Would not hesitate to recommend.

Date of visit: April 2018
PaulFishnFritz, Owner at Fish 'n' Fritz, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

I am so glad you enjoyed your meal with us, thank you for the review and recommendation.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

This "plaice" never fails to amaze me. It goes without saying that the food is fresh and all of the usual Fish & Chip restaurant options are available but on top of that specials are available etc. The service you get in Fish 'N' Fritz is brilliant the team are well presented, polite, sociable, bubbly even and you get a very positive feel about the place. This isn't just a fish and chip restaurant. It is up there with any restaurant with regards all the aspects. Highly recommended. I just have to say as well that the boss Paul exudes positiveness and a confidence which you can see filters down to all the staff. He also has a brilliant community attitude and does anything he can to help those who need it.

Date of visit: March 2018

Hehehe, I like what you did there.

Thank you Lord Nikon for your review and comments about the team and myself, made me feel very humble indeed. For me, it is really important to give the best working environment for my team and where we can help out in the community we do as much as we can.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Well now I realise why this fish shop is number one on TripAdvisor.
Lovely staff, very approachable and attentive, courteous service given in the restaurant today. Cute Easter decorations with pretty spring flowers on the table. It may of been rainy all week outside but inside it was a haven of sunshine inside.
The food came in good time and we were not disappointed with the order.
1 small cod and 1 large cod and 2 pea fritters, a glass of house white wine and a bottle of stowfords for £28. Not bad for a freshly cooked fish restaurant.
Would not hesitate to eat here on every visit, we were loyal fans of the Marlboro but I think Fritz just blew them out if the water! Well done guys!

Date of visit: March 2018

Ahhhhhhh wow, thank you so much, what an amazing review and brilliant pictures too. We really appreciate you taking the time to give us such a indepth and glwoing review thank you.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Fantastic big portions. My wife had a job to finish her's. Must have mushy peas and tartar sauce all washed down with a glass of wine. Service fantastic. Thankyou

Date of visit: March 2018

Thank you John, for the review and fantastic photos.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Quality food, quality service. Quite probably the best chips I have ever tasted! ...and at a supremely good price too! Very highly recommended. Anyone visiting Weymouth should make a visit to this establishment a top priority!

Date of visit: March 2018

Thank you Steven, that is high praise indeed. Hopefuly we will be seeing you again soon.