1,211 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

Well, the building is from a great era, if they could give it lick of paint it would be so much more appealing. No excuses for doors of the room flaking either. I found our room a bit dirty and not up to the usual standard you would expect. My partner booked this hotel and I went to do some research, to my amazement this hotel doesn’t have a website, it’s 2018!!

After more research I found out they had a pool fantastic! Only to find out on the day of our arrival, it was closed! Little tip, if you had a website (see earlier point) I wouldn’t have been so disappointed because you could’ve announced it on your website.

When we arrived my partner and I discovered they have give us a twin room and we had overpaid on late room .com, the receptionist then upgrade our two night stay to a double bed and breakfast free of charge both mornings. She was great - thanks Susan! Thanks to Susan I’ve given an extra star

This hotel has got soooo much potential but looks like the owners aren’t bothered about fulfilling it.

Stayed: September 2018
Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

Absolutely terrible straight away from booking in to leaving. venue ballroom for Northern soul nights the best thing about this hotel.staff clueless.food cold .rooms tiny.put on first floor when we booked we asked for a ground floor room due to disablement had to climb 15 stairs on outside of hotel. Lift only operates on one side of the hotel.would not return if offered for FREE

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
7  Thank RotherhamJb007
Reviewed 26 September 2018

I have stayed at this hotel a number of time with my partner and it has always been lovely! Very friendly & Helpful staff, beautiful decor! Beautiful location close to the beach-a little bit far from town centre, but is lovely and quiet. Would recommend hotel to family & friends. Hotel could do with a little bit of paint outside, but otherwise a lovely hotel!

Room Tip: Sea-View room was perfect!
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fst0ne
Reviewed 11 September 2018

Decided on Weymouth for our winter break last year. Train journey down bit of aggravation coming from London, change at Bournemouth then it's a bit of a slog. Weymouth itself; Lovely, excellent restaurants and pubs and the people very friendly. October not best time for the beach but one days was quite warm and we had a paddle, lovely sand and very clear sea; charming.

The hotel Riviera needs a lick of paint or two, and it a bit dated, throw back to holiday camp era; but it served its purpose and our bed was lovely; very comfy and huge. Breakfast was expensive, only had it one day; £10 per person, better off going to a local cafe.

All in all a lovely break; if you like it fairly quiet then Weymouth at that time of year is for you

Room Tip: All rooms roughly the same; doubles are adequate, bathrooms ok but not massive.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank _tonyshepherd2010
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Arrived exhausted after a busy day and was greeted fine by helpful a receptionist whom I told all I was looking forward to was a good rest. The whole exterior is in dire need of a paint and I was surprised to discover we had been located in an outer building to the rear of the building in chalet style area. Inside, the room had been refurbished so although we had not received any of our prebooked requests I was just happy to get my rest. Sadly, I never got it. Within seconds we discovered the hotel had positioned us right in the middle of of a group of 13 rooms of a stag party. It was only late afternoon but it was quite intimidating being locked in the room with an ill fitting door hearing learning all about each man's nether regions, what they can do and what their girlfriends prefer whilst my partner returned to reception to try and move rooms. No luck, we ended up with a refund and on the streets of Weymouth at teatime on a Saturday night desperately searching for a vacant room to stay. Not the plan at all.
N. B. I'd have been wary staying in the back building, especially alone as there is outdoor space and room security seemed poor.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple