1,211 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 September 2016

Have visited this hotel a few times, also as a child when it was a Pontins , had the best time there . However visited August this year my third visit in the last few years. The hotel in under new management from my last visit in 2014. The staff had no uniform on so was hard to tell who was staff and who wasn't, found the management quite rude and abrupt, the bar maid didn't know how to make a cocktail then continued to tell us how hung over she was!! no uniform looked like she had just got out of bed. Ordered food and was handed it by a woman wearing gym gear!! Breakfast is lovely though but lack of staff resulted in tables not being cleared properly of at all so caused a huge cue. on returning to our room that eve we realised we had no remote for the tv, went to reception only to be told nothing they could do as they all get stolen by guests||(surely the hotel should stay on top of this and re order more|) wardrobe door handle came off in my hand as I opened wardrobe, the fridge in the room did not work and only heated up once plugged in!! (fire hazard). Asked three times for someone to look at it, no one came!! stayed two nights and on the second night I noticed a urine smell in the room, thinking it might be toilet floor not cleaned properly, then realised that the net curtain on the window I had been sleeping next to, had urine all down it!! absolutely revolting!! the rest of the room was clean and nice. on the plus side the swimming pool and the views are fantastic, only reason I go there. But management and staff need to up their mojo to make this place a success! I did email the manager on return asking for some sort of part refund but until this day have not heard back so thought I would add this review. Having said all that I would go there again down to location but before I parted with my money on arrival will ask to inspect room first.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank janHarlowEssex
Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

My boyfriend booked us in to this hotel as a pit stop on our way to our final destination which was a surprise! We found the room 249, updated & modern. The bathroom was a generous space as was the bedroom. The bar & restaurant were sufficient to our needs. The pool indoor & outdoor looked nice although being late September the outdoor pool was closed. Our only recommendation for this hotel would be to update/upgrade the outside of the building & paint the ceiling in room 249, there were a number of light bulbs out in the restaurant so maybe some general TLC wouldn't go amiss.

1  Thank rcook859
Reviewed 22 September 2016

We booked here for 5 nights. The first room had carpet that smelt strongly of urine. We complained the next day and was moved a few rooms down. Here the mattress was uncomfortable, bed linen smelly, the windows (old crittal windows that unfortunately can't be replaced as double glazed units wouldn't fit) we couldn't open the main window to let the damp out, the shower smelt strongly of mould and damp. Black mould down inside of shower and tiles on shower wall felt slimy. Water pressure and temperature a joke - on the last morning didn't even bother trying to shower instead drove home for 2 hours to have a decent shower. Outdoor swimming pool beautiful location and food in the bar in the evening was good. Waitress spent more time discussing her dyslexia and her previous job in Sainburys, although she did seem pleasant enough just needs a bit of training. Overall the place is a disaster and should be turned into some sort of museum. Would not not stay here again. Vastly over-priced for little more than a chalet style room which was very cramped.

Room Tip: Don't go - rooms smelly, small, cramped, overpriced.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank annt859
Reviewed 21 September 2016 via mobile

So disappointed in our stay. Arrived at hotel which looked nothing like photos. Completely run down. Checked into first room "with view" the view was trees! Marks all over the wall, hairs on the bed. Asked to change rooms and didn't mind paying for upgrade, took us to another room. At first it looked ok after a few minutes and sitting on the bed the smell of urine was so strong it made us feel sick. Checked out and got a full refund. No apology or even checked the room. so they obviously knew! With no other hotels available in the area it was a long drive to the closest one.

4  Thank Victoria M
Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

We had a delux room on ground floor. Room was clean! However windows are not double glazing so you can hear everyone walking past, also drafty. Our TV didn't work in the room and not many We didn't eat at the restaurant as menu is very simple and not a lot to choose from. Pools were tidy and clean! Location is fab, basically right on beach (pebble beach) taxi into Weymouth cost us £6.50 or you can walk in along costal path roughly 40 mins walk! Bar area is basically in reception, restaurant is a bit dingy with no views! This hotel has so much potential. We paid £109 for room only, I personally think it was overpriced!

Main points.... Clean, and close to beach and town. Wouldn't like to stay in winter as rooms would be to cold not central heating.