“Awesome burgers! ”

Price range: US$8 - US$13
Cuisines: Contemporary, Grill
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are an independently owned multi award-winning restaurant based opposite the train station, just down from the Jubilee Clock along the seafront. We have disabled access into the restaurant and are child and dog friendly. Our ethos is to use as many locally sourced ingredients as possible to create delicious home made, chargrilled burgers in a relaxed atmosphere coupled with excellent customer service. New for Summer 2018 is Snitches, our 9-hole Indoor Crazy Golf Course, located on the first floor of the restaurant so our customers are able to enjoy a round either before or after their burger! We are fully licensed and have a full bar serving a wide range of wines, draught local ales, ciders, cocktails and other alcoholic drinks as well as soft drinks and milkshakes. We always have a number of meal deal special offers available alongside a full children's menu. Please do book in advance if possible for evenings and large parties as we can get busy. We hope to see you soon!
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

We love burgers and tried this place whilst on hold in Weymouth and were not disappointed!
Burgers were amazing and so filling! Proper taste of BBQ beef and texture bang on
Seasoned fries are a nice addition (except skin on ends )
Will return

Write a ReviewReviews (1,353)

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Now that was a tasty burger!!!
Loved the rustic decor, excellent attentive waiting staff.
Being very pickey, but a few more fries and I may have gone to 5 stars.

EmmaAndRoss, Owner at The Dorset Burger Company, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2017

Dear Doug S,

Many thanks for your review, we're so pleased you enjoyed your burger with us!

The DBCo Team

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

gluten free fries on offer are cross contaminated in oil they are fried in. burger burnt and hard to swallow. gf roll microwaved and chewy. when mentioned to the waitress her response was, with less warmth than a cold cup of tea was 'what do you want me to do about it' . it really wasnt a question for me to answer. Real shame!

Dear Sally T,

Thank you both for taking the time to post your reviews after your Sunday lunchtime visit to us. As we discussed during your visit it was a great shame that you did not mention your dissatisfaction with your meal when one of the DBCo Team checked to see if your meals were OK and when you ordered your second round of drinks at the same time. I was somewhat surprised when I came to collect your empty plates to then hear of your complaints. It is our company policy that if a customer eats their entire meal that we do not offer a refund - I am sorry that this did not meet with your approval.

I did try to talk to you about your complaints after you had paid but I understand that you did not want to discuss these with me. I did ask at the end if there was anything further that I could do to which you firmly replied that there wasn't.

Once again I do apologise that we did not meet your expectations.

Emma

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

The reviews were good for this place however in reality the food was not great, they advertise as gluten free however we were offered chips that were cooked in the same oil as gluten products. They advertise that their burgers are served as slightly pink however one turned up slightly overdone with the GF one turning up blackened and dry, when this was pointed out we were looked at as if we had a cheek to raise the issue. When I went to pay I was again asked if all was ok and when I said no the burger was over cooked and dry I was met with a wall of silence, no explanation and ended up paying the full bill with a cursory sorry as I walked away , not what I would expect from a Customer driven establishment.

Dear Chris T,

Once again I do apologise that we did not meet your expectations.

Emma

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Just love this place. Love the surroundings, the decor. The burgers are all just great (even my 9 year old food coniseur son said it was the best burger he'd ever had!) Staff really friendly and helpful. I even love the tip bowl by the till! Great idea. A little hole in the counter, so you can discreetly place a tip in there without anyone judging you for how much you give etc (though naturally we tipped generously on this occasion - much deserved). Will be back soon.

Hi Claire B,

Many thanks for your kind words, we're so pleased that you enjoyed your visit!

The DBCo Team