All reviews traditional seaside hotel jacuzzi bath balcony room sea front sea view refundable deposit lovely hotel excellent location night porter seafront hotel street parking parking permit cooked to perfection full english one night stay breakfast was excellent nothing is too much trouble
Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

...on my second cup....peaceful...sea view...wifi...AND friendly cheery receptionist... Xx...I have to say more...but what more can I say...it's simply very very pleasant...for me this is very difficult...I absolutely am never lost for words!!!!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 November 2017

This is a 3 star hotel but the staff are 5 star - nothing too much trouble no Bombay Safari so the bar guy ran down the road to get another bottle from a sister Hotel - massively impressed. Hotel is in a brilliant location right in the centre of the lovely historic town of Weymouth. Breakfast is excellent - order what you want and it arrives quckly cooked to perfection. Didn't sample the a la carte dinner as we were on a package bit a pretty good package.

Room Tip: Ask if ther room has sea view
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 October 2017

My wife and I stayed here for two nights in October 2017 and had a very enjoyable time. We knew the location well and booked online. We stayed in room 4 which is one of the better rooms I think. We paid £117 per night which included breakfast. Room 4 is on the first floor facing the sea and features two huge sash windows giving a great view across Alexandra Gardens to the beach, the sea and the distant cliffs of the Jurassic coast. The windows give access to a balcony which extends the view to include the whole sea-front.
The room itself was clean and tidy as you’d expect. The furniture was a little dated and tatty but it did the job. The décor was a non-offensive blue. The king-size, four-poster was very comfortable. There were two chairs and a coffee table close to one window which was nice place to sit with a coffee. The bathroom was excellent and featured a large jacuzzzi bath with a shower above. The massive heated towel rail kept the bathroom piping-hot.
We didn’t use the restaurant (other than for breakfast) or the bar. But the bar looked OK to me. Breakfast was super. There was plenty of choice and the full-English that we opted for was beautifully prepared. The waiter appeared to be a bit of a rough-diamond doing his best to put on a snooty air. He was very polite and attentive and made us giggle! He dished out individual spoonfuls of ketch-up as if he thought well that’s how they do it in superior establishments. One thing we didn’t like about breakfast was the incessant Phil Collins dribbling out of the speakers. He was present both mornings and lent a terrible gloom to the atmosphere.
Generally, the hotel could do with redecorating. The outside definitely needs a make-over. There is loads of flaking masonary, peeling paint, rusting iron-work and rotting wood. The interior is looking very dated. Dark patterned carpets, grubby wallpaper and vinyl seating all need to go. The walls are dotted with odd blobs of blu-tak presumably left-over from some long ago party or Christmas decorations. There are odd bits of wiring drooping down the walls and junk stashed in odd corners and under the stairs. The whole place needs a good tidy up. Having said all that I must repeat that our room was fine. The owners now need to apply the same level of detail to the rest of the hotel.
Parking was a problem. The hotel gave us a permit (for a £20 deposit) and we had to then find a space on the street which was quite tricky even in October. In summer I should imagine it is an absolute nightmare.
Noise from outside is one of the prices you pay for being on the sea-front so I won’t complain about it.
Noise from inside came mainly from the adjoining room, whose occupant snored like an elephant farting through a trombone.
We loved our room. We loved the breakfast. We loved the location.
We disliked Phil Collins. We disliked the tatty décor.
But the things we loved far out-weighed the things we disliked, and we would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 4 is the best. Noise from outside is the price you pay for being on the sea-front.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Richard M
Reviewed 22 October 2017

Booked meal as part of Weymouth Feast festival excellent meal in wine cellar restaurant,both restaurant and bar staff very attentive and welcoming the management should advertise the restaurant more as its a hidden gem in Weymouth

Stayed: October 2017
1  Thank golfmadpg
Reviewed 10 October 2017

We had our wedding reception here and I cannot recommend this hotel enough. The location is brilliant with fantastic sea views. The staff could not have been more helpful or friendly towards all of our guests, particularly name checking Jonathan, Elliot and Scott, and the food was amazing. The hotel is spotlessly clean everywhere. We will definitely be back soon x

Room Tip: The balcony rooms are fantastic for soaking up the views!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family