All reviews harbour bridge star hotel central location town centre residents lounge bit dated friendly hotel per night coach party noisy at night secure parking single room coach trip seafood festival tea coffee third floor tea making facilities
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

I was traveling from Australia with my elderly father to visit family in Weymouth.
On the booking I requested a ground floor room as my father cannot do stairs, I was also informed there was on site parking.
On check in I discovered we were on the 3 floor and the onsite parking consisted of 5 parking spaces which were all occupied.
The staff had obviously not been to charm school and were less than sympathetic.
The room was old and very dated, it was above an alley running alongside the hotel, it was extremely noisy.
On check in I was advised by an elderly gentleman to rethink my hotel choice as he reported “ its worse tthan faulty towers here, it’s horrendous”. I should have listened.
The second day there the lift broke which meant a very convulated walk down three flights of stairs. It also meant my father could no longer stay there he could not manage the stairs.
I witnessed elderly people being carried form the stairs by staff, it was absolutely disgusting. On check out there was a note at reception saying “ porter in the kitchen” I informed the porter I wished to check out, he informed me he was making breakfast and could not do two things at once! I laughed and left.
The location is excellent, however the hotel is mismanaged, run down and outdated.
If u require a bed and no sleep and need the excessive running up and down 4 flights of stairs ( with a huge case) and staff who are rude then this place is for you.
If you require a pleasant stay with sleep and don’t fancy hauling your suitcase up and down 4 flights of stairs then I do not recommend this hotel.
Appalling never again .

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Katie M
Reviewed 27 August 2018

Spent a holiday at The Crown with a coach party.
The Hotel is in a good position within a short distance of beach and shops. Unfortunately the nearby Brewers Quay formerly a thriving mix of interesting shops and cafes is no longer open and is boarded up.
My friend and I had two single rooms which were small and basic but adequate. Beds were clean and comfortable.
Unfortunately, and beyond the control of the hotel, the area is extremely noisy.
We occupied room no's 73 and 74 on the third floor. They are to the side of the building next to some sort of refuse collection point and the noise was really bad until well into the early hours. Added to that is the noise from the pubs/restaurants opposite. Also the old sash windows rattled in the wind.
The lift will only take three people so be prepared to queue.
All meals are served at the table and service is quick. Food was good but lacked a choice of fruit at breakfast. Some quests ended up bringing their own fruit to add to cereals.
At breakfast we were asked to make our choice from the menu for the evening dinner. The waitress actually stopped us in the middle of eating to ask us to pick from the dinner menu. When challenged, she said she knew it was a 'pain' but it was due to volume of people. Well I have stayed in bigger hotels and never been asked to do that before. The same lady needed a lot of persuasion to bring us a fresh pot of tea saying we already had tea on the table and pointing out that we also had hot water. We had to insist in the end (we are talking about a couple of tea bags after all !! ).
Housekeeping staff were waiting to enter rooms at 8.30am as we came down for breakfast. No doubt due to volume of people again. I would prefer them to at least wait until we had gone out.
Unfortunately cannot recommend.

Room Tip: Avoid 73 and 74
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

We were on holiday in Weymouth and visited the crown hotel for a traditional Sunday lunch.
Myself and partner, both had the same, Topside of beef with Yorkshire pudding, a selection of vegetables and roast potatoes. We both found it to be a very good portion size, with the food excellent quality and extremely welcoming staff, helpful and attentive. A little oldy worldly, which was ironically nice. The price was very reasonable and we left very full and happy.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2018

Great hotel and great value for Money , Location is perfect right near the Harbour .I didn't eat there but the prices were excellent £6.95 for Scampi and Chips and Bangers and mash about the same price .
Medium glass of wine only £3.50 , This Hotel is perfect if all you want is good service , which is what you get .
Bar staff were spot on and very friendly , Reception again spot on , as was the Breakfast waitress . Also Car park little small but the chap who runs it moves all the cars around and they did brilliantly to Accommodate us .
Will be back again to this lovely Hotel with lovely People

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

We’ve just come back from what would’ve been a wonderful weekend in Weymouth. After spending over 3 hours getting there, we were absolutely gutted with the hotel. It had been booked as an anniversary gift from my parents but they, as we, are so disappointed. Where to start?! It was very odd when we were given the concierge room key to store our luggage as our room wasn’t ready, didn’t give us much reassurance to know our luggage would be safe considering they were giving the key out to everyone...! The room was VERY dated - not to be confused with ‘in keeping with the period of the building’... it was dated, fusty and had a tired feel to it. It was apparently the ‘honeymoon suite’ but was tiny, would’ve been even more disappointed had it been our actual honeymoon!!! The shower literally dribbled out, no shower gel/shampoo ie the basics?! No iron in the room, called the reception and the rude receptionist stated we needed to deposit £10 to use the iron and we’d have to go down and collect both the iron and the board ourselves... we were on the third floor! I told her I wasn’t happy and she literally scoffed and said ‘OK?’.... not helpful or bothered by my upset at all. We then were told we had to take it all back down in the morning! The bed was uncomfortable, clearly an old mattress as the springs were coming out. The one positive of the place was that our room (69) had a gorgeous view but that’s hardly with thanks to the hotel itself. They haven’t even got double glazed windows so don’t expect much sleep.

When I was asked if I enjoyed my stay at check out (by the same girl on reception who I dealt with regarding the iron), I said ‘not particularly’ and she literally just said ‘oh well.’...!!

To round it up as much as we can, it was very dated, with little to no investment, rude staff and overpriced. My advice? Stay away so as not to ruin your opinion on the gorgeous little seaside town of Weymouth.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple