1,027 results
All reviews sea view self drive ball room sea front fourth floor small lift winter break entertainment every night coach trip lovely hotel restaurant staff every evening short break enjoyable stay single room great holiday lovely room
Reviewed 7 October 2018

Just had a 5 day break at the Hotel Prince Regent. The hotel is a little tired and could use some attention, but on arrival we had a good welcome from the staff, we were early arriving so couldn't get into rooms straight away so we went for a walk and they let us leave our bags by the desk until we were ready to check in. Our cases were sorted by staff and taken to our rooms. Unfortunately the dining room was really crowded although we couldn't fault the meals. Our room was at the back of the hotel at the end of a long corridor, so couldn't access wifi. The shower in our room was just a trickle at times but overall the room was ok. We found all the staff pleasant and friendly,we had a nice 5 days in Weymouth.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
SarahC11906, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Prince Regent, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Thank you for your review of the hotel. We are sorry you found the hotel tired. We are currently working on improvements at the hotel. We do have one sitting for the evening meal this is because we provide evening entertainment as part of our packages. I hope you reported the shower to the manager as the hotel will rectify any issues you may have. I am pleased you found our staff friendly.

Reviewed 5 October 2018

Sea view room. Excellent
Food. Excellent
Staff Excellent
Coach Travel. Excellent
Entertainment. Excellent
Could not fault except for toilets tended to be a trifle small apart from that thank you Daishes for a lovely short five day break,needless to say we will be back again

Room Tip: We stayed in second floor with sea view paid slightly more but we'll worth it
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your fantastic review, we very much appreciate you taking the time to give such positive feedback. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

Against my better judgement (as their last encounter with this hotel was not as I would have expected). My parents decided to give this hotel another try as overall it was ok and the hotel had parking outside, which can be tricky in this area.
however, they have done it again - my mother has returned upset and my father not well after not having the help he requested with the suitcases, and had to struggle with them himself at 81 years old to the car. No porter on call - on a check out day?? My mother complained to the manager, who was less than helpful, then, after she heard mutterings from him as she walked away after explaining their woes, she returned to him and the manager of 2 weeks! decided to have a stand up argument with my mother. He was arrogant, unhelpful, belligerent and clearly did not act in the pacifying, understanding or accommodating manner expected of a hotel manager. He reneged all the good work carried out by the other staff- who were lovely - according to my parents. The rooms have super views, the food is ok, entertainment good, great location - but when you come away upset and in tears, surely that is not how you wish to end your experience?
This is, definitely the last time any of my family will step food in a Daish hotel.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
SarahC11906, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Prince Regent, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that our guests felt our staff were unhelpful. I understand the bags were taken to reception as the Duty Manager assumed they were travelling on the coach. I am sorry for the miscommunication, it is very unusual for this situation to arise or for any of our staff to come across rude or unhelpful. I am sorry your parents were upset on this occasion.

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

I recently booked a trip with Daish's Holidays to the Prince Regent Hotel at Weymouth for my mum and mother in law as a treat, the photos on their website are very misleading, on arrival I had room 307 which was a disgrace, the hotel is shabby and could do with a total refurbishment, I felt quite embarrassed that I'd chose this hotel, the only positive thing was the staff are very friendly and always willing to help, as to say we will not be visiting again.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
SarahC11906, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Prince Regent, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Thank you for your review Please accept our apologies for the room not being to our usual standard, we are working to refurbish every room but this will take time. We hope that despite this you still managed to enjoy the rest of your stay with us. I am glad you found our staff helpful and friendly.

Reviewed 24 September 2018

Stayed here on a coach holiday for 5 days and would not return. I originally booked months in advance a sea view with shower as myself and my friend are both disabled and cannot use a bath. I was given a back room on the third floor overlooking rooftops with a bath. I requested a move and was told they were fully booked so I had to put up with it. The hotel itself is badly in need of decorating in many aspects. Our window was rattling like hell. As for the restaurant the service leaves a lot to be desired and the cooked breakfast was awful, the bacon was more fat than meat and the fried bread I got every morning was a rock hard crust and burn sausages and snotty eggs. Believe me I would never return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Just hope you get the room you booked.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Glenys C
SarahC11906, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Prince Regent, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Thank you for your review. It is not normal procedure if you book a sea view room for you to be allocated a non sea view room. I would hope you queried this at the hotel so the hotel queried it with our booking office. The hotel does require some updating and this is currently a project we are working on, however we still pride ourselves on providing good value standard, clean accommodation. I am sorry you did not enjoy the food at the hotel, I hope you made the restaurant aware as they will always rectify any issue you may have.