1,025 results
All reviews sea view self drive ball room sea front fourth floor small lift entertainment every night coach trip lovely hotel restaurant staff every evening short break enjoyable stay single room great holiday night break lovely room
Reviewed 2 October 2018

Against my better judgement (as their last encounter with this hotel was not as I would have expected). My parents decided to give this hotel another try as overall it was ok and the hotel had parking outside, which can be tricky in this area.
however, they have done it again - my mother has returned upset and my father not well after not having the help he requested with the suitcases, and had to struggle with them himself at 81 years old to the car. No porter on call - on a check out day?? My mother complained to the manager, who was less than helpful, then, after she heard mutterings from him as she walked away after explaining their woes, she returned to him and the manager of 2 weeks! decided to have a stand up argument with my mother. He was arrogant, unhelpful, belligerent and clearly did not act in the pacifying, understanding or accommodating manner expected of a hotel manager. He reneged all the good work carried out by the other staff- who were lovely - according to my parents. The rooms have super views, the food is ok, entertainment good, great location - but when you come away upset and in tears, surely that is not how you wish to end your experience?
This is, definitely the last time any of my family will step food in a Daish hotel.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
SarahC11906, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Prince Regent, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that our guests felt our staff were unhelpful. I understand the bags were taken to reception as the Duty Manager assumed they were travelling on the coach. I am sorry for the miscommunication, it is very unusual for this situation to arise or for any of our staff to come across rude or unhelpful. I am sorry your parents were upset on this occasion.

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

I recently booked a trip with Daish's Holidays to the Prince Regent Hotel at Weymouth for my mum and mother in law as a treat, the photos on their website are very misleading, on arrival I had room 307 which was a disgrace, the hotel is shabby and could do with a total refurbishment, I felt quite embarrassed that I'd chose this hotel, the only positive thing was the staff are very friendly and always willing to help, as to say we will not be visiting again.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
SarahC11906, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Prince Regent, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Thank you for your review Please accept our apologies for the room not being to our usual standard, we are working to refurbish every room but this will take time. We hope that despite this you still managed to enjoy the rest of your stay with us. I am glad you found our staff helpful and friendly.

Reviewed 24 September 2018

Stayed here on a coach holiday for 5 days and would not return. I originally booked months in advance a sea view with shower as myself and my friend are both disabled and cannot use a bath. I was given a back room on the third floor overlooking rooftops with a bath. I requested a move and was told they were fully booked so I had to put up with it. The hotel itself is badly in need of decorating in many aspects. Our window was rattling like hell. As for the restaurant the service leaves a lot to be desired and the cooked breakfast was awful, the bacon was more fat than meat and the fried bread I got every morning was a rock hard crust and burn sausages and snotty eggs. Believe me I would never return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Just hope you get the room you booked.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Glenys C
SarahC11906, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Prince Regent, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Thank you for your review. It is not normal procedure if you book a sea view room for you to be allocated a non sea view room. I would hope you queried this at the hotel so the hotel queried it with our booking office. The hotel does require some updating and this is currently a project we are working on, however we still pride ourselves on providing good value standard, clean accommodation. I am sorry you did not enjoy the food at the hotel, I hope you made the restaurant aware as they will always rectify any issue you may have.

Reviewed 21 September 2018

Just arrived home from a short break to Weymouth with my sister. This Hotel is lovely and the staff even more so, we were pleasantly surprised by the room--large comfortable and clean. (no offence but good value holidays used to mean dated and worn ). The décor is of course not All new--you wouldn't want it to be in such a lovely building but all clean and comfortable and the new blends in with the old very well. Meals were tasty and the menu gave a choice for all. I can honestly say it is a long time since I have seen staff work so efficiently and happy. There was entertainment every night. On our first night we were entertained by Will Dennis (hope I have the name right ) -he was described as "a great vocalist "--and boy did he live up to it-Brilliant night. Wednesday evening bought us yet another vocalist Alan Robert's who's powerful voice kept us "dancing "-( I use the word loosely lol ) till late. There is loads to do in Weymouth for all taste's, the weather was very kind to us and the sun shone most day's. I would like to give a big Thank You to everyone who shared our few day's your pleasant company just put the icing on the cake hope you all had a safe journey home. Last but not least Thank You to staff at Daish's Holidays--not our first with you and I am sure it wont be the last.

Stayed: September 2018
1  Thank nettysmith
DaishsHoliday, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Prince Regent, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2018

Thank you for your marvellous review, we very much appreciate you taking the time to give such positive feedback. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed 19 September 2018

After booking in, each client should then go and book their table not one hour later. The hotel was very short of staff, felt very sorry for the waiter/waitress. In all the hotel was very short of staff in all departments.

Room Tip: Room was well presented
Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
DaishsHoliday, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Prince Regent, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

Thank you for your review, I am sorry to hear that you found the dining arrangements unsatisfactory, there has been some staff shortages which have now been addressed, however I am sorry this affected your stay.

I hope this will not deter you from travelling.