1,026 results
All reviews sea view self drive ball room sea front fourth floor small lift winter break entertainment every night coach trip lovely hotel restaurant staff every evening short break enjoyable stay single room great holiday lovely room
Reviewed 24 September 2018

Stayed here on a coach holiday for 5 days and would not return. I originally booked months in advance a sea view with shower as myself and my friend are both disabled and cannot use a bath. I was given a back room on the third floor overlooking rooftops with a bath. I requested a move and was told they were fully booked so I had to put up with it. The hotel itself is badly in need of decorating in many aspects. Our window was rattling like hell. As for the restaurant the service leaves a lot to be desired and the cooked breakfast was awful, the bacon was more fat than meat and the fried bread I got every morning was a rock hard crust and burn sausages and snotty eggs. Believe me I would never return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Just hope you get the room you booked.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Glenys C
SarahC11906, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Prince Regent, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Thank you for your review. It is not normal procedure if you book a sea view room for you to be allocated a non sea view room. I would hope you queried this at the hotel so the hotel queried it with our booking office. The hotel does require some updating and this is currently a project we are working on, however we still pride ourselves on providing good value standard, clean accommodation. I am sorry you did not enjoy the food at the hotel, I hope you made the restaurant aware as they will always rectify any issue you may have.

Reviewed 21 September 2018

Just arrived home from a short break to Weymouth with my sister. This Hotel is lovely and the staff even more so, we were pleasantly surprised by the room--large comfortable and clean. (no offence but good value holidays used to mean dated and worn ). The décor is of course not All new--you wouldn't want it to be in such a lovely building but all clean and comfortable and the new blends in with the old very well. Meals were tasty and the menu gave a choice for all. I can honestly say it is a long time since I have seen staff work so efficiently and happy. There was entertainment every night. On our first night we were entertained by Will Dennis (hope I have the name right ) -he was described as "a great vocalist "--and boy did he live up to it-Brilliant night. Wednesday evening bought us yet another vocalist Alan Robert's who's powerful voice kept us "dancing "-( I use the word loosely lol ) till late. There is loads to do in Weymouth for all taste's, the weather was very kind to us and the sun shone most day's. I would like to give a big Thank You to everyone who shared our few day's your pleasant company just put the icing on the cake hope you all had a safe journey home. Last but not least Thank You to staff at Daish's Holidays--not our first with you and I am sure it wont be the last.

Stayed: September 2018
1  Thank nettysmith
DaishsHoliday, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Prince Regent, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2018

Thank you for your marvellous review, we very much appreciate you taking the time to give such positive feedback. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed 19 September 2018

After booking in, each client should then go and book their table not one hour later. The hotel was very short of staff, felt very sorry for the waiter/waitress. In all the hotel was very short of staff in all departments.

Room Tip: Room was well presented
Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
DaishsHoliday, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Prince Regent, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

Thank you for your review, I am sorry to hear that you found the dining arrangements unsatisfactory, there has been some staff shortages which have now been addressed, however I am sorry this affected your stay.

I hope this will not deter you from travelling.

Reviewed 14 September 2018

Have just enjoyed a short self drive break at the Regent.My second visit since the new company took over. (Last visit was the New Year package).
The hotel is now primarily a coach party hotel so if you self drive or travel by train do bare that in mind.The meal times are set and you have to order your dinner at breakfast and sit in the same place .If you are a solo traveler as I was you sit with others.
This was ok with me and for the price I paid it was great value
I have stayed here many times over the years and enjoyed all my stays and this was no exception.The staff were excellent. the food a very high standard and the bar prices far from the usual over the top hotel tariffs.
I avoided the nightly entertainment and bingo, not my thing , but all to a good standard.Good to see the superb ballroom used each night but the lounge bar shut as the ballroom got into full swing, it would be nice if both bars stayed open as not all wanted to play bingo or dance.
The new lift is wonderful and zooms up and down with great ease but of course still does not go to the fourth floor where I prefer to lodge. Nice and quiet up there, far from the madding crowd as it were.
Thank you Regent and staff for an enjoyable stay and to be frank I would not go anywhere else in Weymouth.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Davieboy
DaishsHoliday, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Prince Regent, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2018

Thank you for your fantastic review, we very much appreciate you taking the time to give such positive feedback. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed 13 September 2018

Would like to stay longer as it’s just across the road to a nice, long promenade, with many seats for us older people to sit on. There are many shops and for the ladies and a marina for the men to view the boats. We stayed in room A1, the beds were comfy, we would have liked a walk in shower instead of a bath. The food was good, served by excellent staff and there is entertainment every night. Brilliant!!!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
SarahC11906, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Prince Regent, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Thank you for your excellent review, we very much appreciate you taking the time to give such positive feedback. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.