1,024 results
All reviews sea view self drive ball room sea front fourth floor small lift entertainment every night coach trip lovely hotel restaurant staff every evening short break enjoyable stay single room great holiday night break lovely room
Reviewed 19 September 2018

After booking in, each client should then go and book their table not one hour later. The hotel was very short of staff, felt very sorry for the waiter/waitress. In all the hotel was very short of staff in all departments.

Room Tip: Room was well presented
Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
DaishsHoliday, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Prince Regent, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

Thank you for your review, I am sorry to hear that you found the dining arrangements unsatisfactory, there has been some staff shortages which have now been addressed, however I am sorry this affected your stay.

I hope this will not deter you from travelling.

Reviewed 14 September 2018

Have just enjoyed a short self drive break at the Regent.My second visit since the new company took over. (Last visit was the New Year package).
The hotel is now primarily a coach party hotel so if you self drive or travel by train do bare that in mind.The meal times are set and you have to order your dinner at breakfast and sit in the same place .If you are a solo traveler as I was you sit with others.
This was ok with me and for the price I paid it was great value
I have stayed here many times over the years and enjoyed all my stays and this was no exception.The staff were excellent. the food a very high standard and the bar prices far from the usual over the top hotel tariffs.
I avoided the nightly entertainment and bingo, not my thing , but all to a good standard.Good to see the superb ballroom used each night but the lounge bar shut as the ballroom got into full swing, it would be nice if both bars stayed open as not all wanted to play bingo or dance.
The new lift is wonderful and zooms up and down with great ease but of course still does not go to the fourth floor where I prefer to lodge. Nice and quiet up there, far from the madding crowd as it were.
Thank you Regent and staff for an enjoyable stay and to be frank I would not go anywhere else in Weymouth.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Davieboy
DaishsHoliday, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Prince Regent, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2018

Thank you for your fantastic review, we very much appreciate you taking the time to give such positive feedback. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed 13 September 2018

Would like to stay longer as it’s just across the road to a nice, long promenade, with many seats for us older people to sit on. There are many shops and for the ladies and a marina for the men to view the boats. We stayed in room A1, the beds were comfy, we would have liked a walk in shower instead of a bath. The food was good, served by excellent staff and there is entertainment every night. Brilliant!!!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
SarahC11906, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Prince Regent, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Thank you for your excellent review, we very much appreciate you taking the time to give such positive feedback. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed 13 September 2018

hotel on sea front , lovely sea views from my room it was nice to listen to the sea
when it had gone quite at night, shame it was let down by the state of the room , it was the second room I had the first room was ok , I had problems and was offered room 201 the lady on reception couldn't have been more helpfull even put a grab rail in the shower for me . the worst I can say its in dire need of complete refurbishment more
diligent cleaning would have helped a new shower curtain to replace the grotty one
as well the toilet wouldn't flush but that was sorted out straight away on the plus side
the bed was comfy and the bedding clean I had a good nights sleep .the dining room
was shambolic at times it needs a good restaurant manager they employ young
inexperienced staff that don't seem to have been trained , jess who waited on us was
lovely nothing was to much trouble and requests where met with a smile and a willingness to help , the food was ok good choice on menu portions where ok for me
but I would think maybe to small for others .one thing I didn't like was vacuum jugs
instead of tea pots .the breakfast on departure morning well I`m still fuming I didn't
have one just one slice of toast and tea that was very scummy. we went in at 8 o`clock sat there for awhile and asked for toast we were told it would be awhile as they had
run out of bread oh come on that is bad management of the kitchen it got to 8.30
our order hadn't been taken there were people leaving having had theirs we were told
our order couldn't be taken as people were still waiting for food from the kitchen
no sorry no nothing just been ignored by the time our order was taken it was to late
to eat it at that point I got up and left I got my things a quick walk to a near by shop
for a sandwich to eat on the coach and straight on the coach the two ladies on my
table had made bacon sandwich's which they ate on the coach .
I did enjoy the entertainment that was very good . the hotel is an experience I don't
wish to repeat

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank patricia j

Thank you for your review, I'm sorry to hear that the rooms were not to our usual high standards this is clearly unacceptable and has been fed back to the hotel for immediate addressing. I'm pleased to note that they were able to offer you an alternative room however again apologies that this also had some issues.

I am sorry you found the dining arrangements unsatisfactory, there has been some staff shortages which have now been addressed, however I am sorry this affected your stay. I am glad your waitress Jess was friendly and provided you with good service on the occasion she was allocated to you.

I am sorry you will not be returning to the Regent, however I hope we see you travel again soon to our other destinations.

Reviewed 12 September 2018

A lovely hotel, very helpful, all the entertainment was excellent, room was very nice and huge, with a sea view, the staff in the restaurant was very slow, on the su day we was in the restaurant for an hour and half which was not good, but the food was not to bad

Room Tip: The room was huge the bed you could fit 4 people in a lovely bathroom, plenty of spaces to put your things
Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
SarahC11906, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Prince Regent, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Thank you for your kind review. I am glad you enjoyed the beautiful views across the bay. I am sorry service was slow for you, I hope you mentioned this during your stay as the hotel will rectify any issues you may have. We very much appreciate you taking the time to give some feedback. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.