1,012 results
All reviews sea view self drive ball room sea front fourth floor small lift entertainment every night coach trip lovely hotel restaurant staff every evening weekend break enjoyable stay single room great holiday lovely room family room
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Beautiful hotel, lovely bedroom. All staff very friendly, accommodating and courteous. Entertainment quite good. Try to get in main restaurant, the annex restaurant service a little slow. Perhaps a bigger selection of meals might be helpful. But overall , a very pleasant stay and will definitely will travel with Daish Holidays again. They maintain very high standards.Colin Crawford

Room Tip: Ground floor if possible
Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
SarahC11906, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Prince Regent, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your kind review, we very much appreciate you taking the time to give such positive feedback. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Seafront position!! However Hotel antiquated and in need of refurbishment. My single room was adequate but in need of painting etc. Towel rail almost out of reach of a short person. Staff were helpful and respectful and my waiter went out of his way to accommodate my gluten free and lactose free diet. However self drive not easy. Limited parking at rear of hotel where you had to leave keys so Car could be moved for others to get in and out. Staff cars taking the places outside of hotel rather than customers. With a Blue Badge parking was available free of charge just opposite hotel but limited spaces.

Room Tip: Needed painting otherwise adequate
Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your review of the hotel. I would not agree that the hotel is antiquated, we are aware that there are areas of the hotel that need some attention and there is an ongoing refurbishment plan for some of the rooms. I am glad you found our staff helpful and I am very pleased the hotel accommodated your diet requests. We are primarily a coaching company but our parking at Weymouth is usually very good. We have parking behind both hotels, yes we do take your keys in case cars need to be moved but the parking is free with access to the hotel via the back entrance. I am sorry you had problems but this is very unusual at this hotel so I hope you mentioned it during you stay.

The hotel does offer a seafront location with beautiful views across the bay so I am glad you enjoyed its position on the front.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Overall the hotel is not bad , there are a few niggles but nothing drastic. The predominant bone of contention are the meals. Breakfast is excellent but the quality of the evening meals needs some attention. The food is edible but that might be its only redeeming quality. Admittedly mass catering for a hundred plus who want their meal now and not have to wait does present challenges , but when you are asked to order your evening meal at breakfast you should expect better quality. Now when you are on a package tour , (travel,accommodation,food), there will be budgetary constraints , but improvements in the quality could be made.The staff are excellent but obviously under pressure at meal times but they are a credit to Daish’s.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for your review of the hotel. Usually the food gets very good reports at the Regent. I am sorry you did not find this up to our usual standard, I hope you mentioned this during stay as the hotel will rectify any issues you may have. Overall I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

Stayed in august. Fantastic service and room. Staff always willing to help. Nice views with seafront directly opposite front of hotel. 3 course meal included in price. Overall a nice time away and will definately return.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your excellent review, we very much appreciate you taking the time to give such positive feedback. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed 7 September 2018

This is the 2nd visit to the Prince Regent. We found the staff not very helpful during meal times. At breakfast we had to ask for milk for our cearels which we was told to use what was on our table for our morning teas. We had a tea towel left on my chair which I put on our table it stayed there all during our meal time the waitress didn't even bother to remove it. We found her to be unhelpful she took ages to service us as she ingnored us at time. As for Manners I don't think she used any. We found our first visit was the best they couldn't do enough for us and very helpful. The rooms are lovely no problems there .Meals were lovely which we couldn't fault plenty to choose from .

Room Tip: Very clean room can't fault it.
Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Odyssey490528

Thank you for your kind review, we very much appreciate you taking the time to offer some feedback. I am sorry you did not find our staff member helpful or efficient, this is most unusual at the hotel. However I am glad you enjoyed the hotel with its beautiful views across the bay and the food up to good standard.