“Takeaway fish and chips”

King Edwards Fish & Chips
Ranked #42 of 310 Restaurants in Weymouth
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: King Edwards is situated opposite the Jubilee Clock on The Esplanade, with views overlooking Weymouth Beach. Our licensed restaurant offers an extensive menu with daily specials, and we can also serve you from our take-away.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

First visit here as I was staying close by in Weymouth. King Edwards is situated on the seafront close to the town centre and railway station.It is very clean and has a good menu range with a seperate restaurant area if you decide to eat on the premises.Service was good and the food was all cooked fresh.The fish and chips tasted good and were not greasy . The food was also served very hot. The only thing I thought was it seemed a bit expensive at £7.15 for takeaway standard fish and chips

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank Ben19732014

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Dealt with a large takeaway order (12 people!) extremely well. Food was lovely and the staff very friendly and efficient. Happy to recommend.

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank Dom W
Reviewed 25 October 2018 via mobile

The fish & chips were enjoyable. I found the cod a little soft, but the taste was good. The chips were average, with a lot of little buts, which some prefer. The food was served really hot. I was upset to have a hair in my food & received nothing more than a tepid if not indifferent apology. I wouldn't rat there again...

Reviewed 24 October 2018

The chips here are excellent, piping hot, not greasy, and perfect for eating on the esplanade in Weymouth. Lovely shmoo milkshake to go with it. Fish is pricy(ish), though tasty.

Reviewed 22 October 2018

I come here every time I am in Weymouth and have to review it again because I cannot find anywhere better, and I don't want to! Staff are always so friendly and happy to help. The food is always good, served piping hot and well cooked. Never had any reason to complain whatsoever! Excellent value for money! A great option if looking to eat out on a budget. Will keep coming back here and will recommend anyone else to come here if looking for the best fish and chips in Weymouth!