“Fish and chips done really well”

The Old Harbour Fish & Chips
Ranked #17 of 312 Restaurants in Weymouth
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 October 2018

In Weymouth there is a really wide choice of Fish and Chip outlets. Takeaways, eat in restaurants, delivery, pubs. We chose The Old Harbour and really enjoyed it. I like to drink tea with my fish and chips and not have to fight with gulls. Sitting inside and eating with cutlery is far better than balancing dinner on my lap and eating with a small wooden chip fork. The food was lovely and the service good.

Reviewed 29 September 2018

My wife and I visited whilst staying in Weymouth and both of us thoroughly enjoyed our Fish and Chips. If you enjoy fish and chips then this is a must do!!!!

Reviewed 26 September 2018

Looking for somewhere serving gluten-free food, we came across TheOldHarbour, advertising gluten free fish and chips. Because of the difficulty in using separate oils and batters, many fish and chip shops do not offer a gluten free option, so this was a great find. They do a takeaway service, but we ate in the restaurant, which looked very clean in blue and white. We ordered two meals, one gluten free, one not. Both were equally delicious- good portions, fresh white fish , crunchy batter, and crispy chips, served piping hot, followed by a nice cup of tea. A good dining experience, and we would certainly go there again

2  Thank Spiketripper
Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

Not being a lover of fish & chips, I was not really looking forward to my dinner. It was my husband's birthday and this was his choice.

Well, what a wonderful meal. Very clean environment and the most fresh of fish. I had plaice which was cooked to perfection, with a beautiful creamy texture with lovely crunchy batter. (For someone that hates batter, this is praise indeed) my husband had code, which looked amazing. Chips were also excellent. Heartily recommend this fab little restaurant.

1  Thank Pipcorn71
Reviewed 16 September 2018

We decided to visit Weymouth for the day and after looking on TA decided to visit The Old Harbour especially as it had Gluten Free Battered Fish and good reviews.
As I have recently turned 65 ,I ordered the OAP Gluten Free cod and chips with free coffee/tea or rice pudding. It was wonderful and lovely light crispy batter and white fish. The Rice Pudding was lovely too. The normal size portions looked huge and the OAP size was perfect for me, even though I have a good appetite.
Really nice, clean café setting and friendly staff. It finished off a really lovely day out very well.