“Fab fish”

Ranked #17 of 309 Restaurants in Weymouth
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

Not being a lover of fish & chips, I was not really looking forward to my dinner. It was my husband's birthday and this was his choice.

Well, what a wonderful meal. Very clean environment and the most fresh of fish. I had plaice which was cooked to perfection, with a beautiful creamy texture with lovely crunchy batter. (For someone that hates batter, this is praise indeed) my husband had code, which looked amazing. Chips were also excellent. Heartily recommend this fab little restaurant.

1  Thank Pipcorn71

Reviewed 16 September 2018

We decided to visit Weymouth for the day and after looking on TA decided to visit The Old Harbour especially as it had Gluten Free Battered Fish and good reviews.
As I have recently turned 65 ,I ordered the OAP Gluten Free cod and chips with free coffee/tea or rice pudding. It was wonderful and lovely light crispy batter and white fish. The Rice Pudding was lovely too. The normal size portions looked huge and the OAP size was perfect for me, even though I have a good appetite.
Really nice, clean café setting and friendly staff. It finished off a really lovely day out very well.

Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

Our food was very well cooked, light batter on lovely white fish, chips were hot and fresh and the service was excellent. There was even a fresh side salad. We chose to eat in the dining area which was spotlessly clean. Hope to be back next year.

Reviewed 12 September 2018

We have been a few times now (residents in Weymouth) for quiet anniversary evenings or 6 or 7 family strong for nights out. We have always been provided with a superb service and the food is 2nd to none.
Always clean and tidy with plenty of table room for highchairs and wheelchairs.

We will be back

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

Very good fresh fish and chips for all of our group. Best gluten free chips I’ve had. Service very friendly and quick. Even had gluten free friendly vinegar.