“Great little place for quiet meal”

The Crow's Nest in the Square
Ranked #24 of 309 Restaurants in Weymouth
Price range: US$6 - US$15
Cuisines: Seafood, Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Crow’s Nest is a hidden gem in Weymouth’s historical Hope Square. We’ve recently had a refurb and now have a full bar, a beautiful and relaxing sitting out area and live music events during the summer months. We’re also very Dog friendly and situated in a perfect location to sit and have a spot of lunch with your four legged bestie before heading to the Nothe Gardens for a nice long walk.
Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

I booked this for originally myself and my wife, I had to increase the number as my sister and husband came down. Found that the staff were very accommodating and it was not too much trouble.

The food menu in the evening is Tapas only, but they had a really good choices for people with gluten allergies and also catered for vegetarians as well. The food portions are not massive but are very enjoyable, this is a good place to have a light meal and it is quiet as well.

The staff are very friendly and the service was excellent. I live local and will be recommending the Crows Nest to friends and family.

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

We went for my birthday and we were all disappointed
Food was obviously microwaved as it came to quick to be freshly cooked
Portions were very small for the prices they charged
Wine was expensive and tasted like paint stripper
Sorry but won’t be returning

EmmaF3331, Owner at The Crow's Nest in the Square, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2018

Hi Karenza56,

We are so sorry to hear about your disappointed visit. However, i can assure you nothing on our menu is microwaved. Also, if you could let me know which wine you had I can look into that because none of our wines should taste like paint stripper. We are always complimented on our reasonable prices for wines so I'm sorry you found them expensive. If you could email me on emma@crowsnestweymouth.com with more details of your visit I can do my best to make sure no one else leaves feeling disappointed.

Many thanks
Emma

Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

We wanted to cater for around 100 friends,family and clients to celebrate our 1st year of trading. The Crows Nest in the Square is a beautifully appointed venue in Brewers Quay in Weymouth and has an inside and outside area. We spoke to the owners and asked if we could hold the event there. They had not used their restaurant for an event like that before but were prepared to give it a go.

It was effortlessly one of the best events I had attended. Everything went without a hitch. They provided a high end tapas style buffet which was more than enough to feed all guests. Prosecco poured on arrival. Their attention detail was quite brilliant

It really is a flexible venue that lends itself to any special occasion whether it is a romantic meal for two or a black tie ball. I think they could really pull it off. It’s not a massive venue but this makes it all the intimate and better. It is nothing short of beautiful.
You won’t be disappointed if you choose The Crows Nest in the Square.

Reviewed 19 September 2018

We sat outside to enjoy the late evening weather. The tapas allowed us to find options for fussy children.

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

We visited Thursday evening and were very impressed by the Tapas and service. Lovely restaurant. Would definitely recommend.