“Uncommon Curry”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 5 August 2015 via mobile

Let me start by saying that the food at cafe india is excellent with a capital 'E' !

The food however, also seems to be interpretive. What I mean by that, is that although excellent, none of it is as you would expect from a normal, run of the mill curry house. It's as though the normal dishes (madras, parhia etc) were explained to the chef, and what he serves up is his interpretation of what has been explained to him. Is

The madras is tasty as hell, but lacks the heat. The vindaloo is what I would expect the madras to taste like. The Parthia is an unusual consistence, though still ridiculously tasty.

The only let down that we had was the lack lustre peshwari naan, which was lacking in filling, that said, the parts that had an abundant amount of filling were superb!

The staff were friendly but a tiny bit inattentive (though this could have been my impression as I was ravenous and wanted my food now, Now, NOW! like the big baby I am when I'm overly hungry)

Overall a great restaurant experience with excellent food, but not necessarily the best option if all you want is what your used to from other curry houses. Very nearly a 5star rating from me on this one.

an

Reviewed 1 August 2015

Excellent staff very friendly always busy but ask for the yogurt if you are eating really hot food works wonders we have been a few times now and really enjoyed it especially taking your own drink is a bonus we recommend to anyone give it a go but make sure you book

Reviewed 21 July 2015 via mobile

Myself and my boyfriend are really not impressed with the taste of the food. Personally i would ask for my money back but in agreement we didn't but least i know next time i wont order from here again, having to reorder from another place i seriously am not impressed one little bit.

Reviewed 17 July 2015

I have been using Cafe India for about two years. It has generally been pretty good but I have noticed some changes recently. There seems to be some problems with spicing the dishes to the correct heat. I order a madras or jalfrezi and on the last few occasions they have been mild. Now, when I call to tell them to make the madras, madras hot, they do! This seems nonsensical! My wife prefers a milder curry and is always happy. The naans and side dishes are generally of a good standard.

Reviewed 28 June 2015 via mobile

6 of us went Inc kids, was excellent food, plentiful with attentive services. The advantage of cafe India is the bring your own drink and no corkage fee. Always loved a proper nargis kebab and they do narga addition to all their dishes. Book to avoid disappointment as it's a small restaurant on the back if a successful take away. Would recommend to anyone.