All reviews continental breakfast dual aspect front window ice machine comfy armchairs boiled eggs top floor room was large first floor lovely room overlooking the beach parking permit bay window on arrival a great stay little extras location is excellent
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Although it is surrounded by amusement parks in summer this is a quiet location at the western end of Weymouth Promenade. The owner, Eva, is very personable & accommodating. The rooms are large with views of both port and beach from opposite windows. Excellent breakfast. The only shortcoming is the challenge of finding parking which can take some effort. Near to excellent restaurants and an easy walk from shops.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Gbar4288
Reviewed 8 August 2011

My husband and I have just returned from a short break at the Roundhouse Hotel, Weymouth. We booked the more expensive room overlooking both the beach on one side and the harbour on the other. We were not disappointed - the views were amazing. Breakfast was excellent, a perfect English gem.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2011

Wow... my wife and I have just got back after 7 days at the Roundhouse... and we wish we were still there!
Our room on the 1st floor had one window overlooking the beach and the other window overlooking the entrance to the harbour. In fact it was the best view from any hotel that we have ever stayed in over the last 30 years...and we have stayed in quite a few around the world. The window in the shower also overlooked the harbour! But even these amazing views were surpassed by the absolutely stunning service from the delightful owner Eva.
From the moment that we arrived Eva (and her superb staff) treated us like we were welcome guests in their own home. One lovely member of staff even stood in a parking bay outside to 'reserve' the space while I rushed around the corner to fetch my car. Eva gave me a free parking pass for the week which could be used over most of the town. As soon as we had dropped our bags in our room we were made welcome in the lovely little cafe area with some tea and Eva's homemade Austrian apple strudel.... still warm from the oven!
The breakfasts were also brilliant (best cheese omelette that I have ever had, and you must try out their mushrooms, Austrian style!) One morning I was welcomed to the breakfast table with a complimentary glass of champagne ~ I am not saying that this is standard practice ~ but there were many small acts of generosity throughout our stay that made this place shine.
The decor throughout is unlike any other B&B/hotel you will find. It is very, very stylish ~ yet still cosy.
Yes, I know that I am going on a bit... but this place really is one in a million!
And...no... I have never been before and, no, I am not a shareholder... Just book a room!
Many thanks to the fascinating lady of the house and her lovely staff for a sublime week ~ we will be back!
John & Carol Hathway

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank MagicJohn24
Reviewed 22 July 2011

We arrived at the roundhouse and the staff helped us with our suitcases,which was very nice of them.eva welcomed us with cookies and strawberries to go with our coffee in our room.Which was a lovely touch,we were givern a choice of room on our level,which was very cosy and large and well furnished.the b&b is boutique style,eva's eye for style is first class-the art work and furniture and decoration are wonderful.With comfortable beds,our room had two windows with views over the beach and harbour views were amazing.the ferry is close by to go to st malo jersey&guernsey,also the theatre is near to,it was very quite which was good,the room was very clean.Eva who runs the b&b is very helpful,very nice and very thoughtful.the roundhouse is faultless .eva gave us a parking permit ,which gave us free parking for our duration.We had a lovely time,for our journey home eva gave us some fruit,cookies and a couple of chocolates,very toughtful lady.keep up the excellent work eva.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2011

This hotel surpassed our expectations of a seaside guesthouse. The decor was new and trendy, spotlessly clean and colourful. Eva, who runs the hotel, welcomed us outside as we arrived. the staff were friendly and very smily. The rooms were great, showers excellent, bathrooms all new. Very good breakfast.
It's heartening to find that Britain has moved on from the B&B image of the past.
The atmosphere was relaxed - it felt almost like being at home.
It's in a super position too. Right on the harbour one side and beach the other.
We would definitely go back.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family