“Flavorsome smorgasbord of Oriental Asian cuisine...”
Review of The Gurkha

The Gurkha
Ranked #138 of 294 Restaurants in Weymouth
Price range: US$11 - US$17
Cuisines: Chinese, Indian, Malaysian, Nepalese
Good for: View, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 5 August 2015

Ample parking, simple (if a bit dated) decor, reasonably priced and friendly staff. Could do with a refurb and a clean up, but for a cheap meal out with some tasty food you can't go past it.

1  Thank Scott V

Reviewed 2 August 2015

This was my first time visiting the Gurkha and I was a little disappointed. Everything about the place could be better. For the price £8 food is ok if your hungry but its not exciting. Staff were miserable and decor is terrible. What made it even worse was the smell of the drains outside which on occasions waft into the building. This could be a fantastic place but it isn't.

1  Thank LynIan1961
Reviewed 29 July 2015

Dirty, needs a make over,food was definitely not the best we had. Beautiful location but was grubby and dated, tatty and cheap looking decor. Was a shame coz we took some friends there hoping for a great experience,very disappointed

3  Thank Donna M
Reviewed 29 July 2015

Nice setting, overlooking a lake in Weymouth. Food was very good (though my partner thought the Chicken Tikka Masala lacked taste - I didn't try it myself - too many other choices). Selection was good & constantly replenished. Staff were attentive. All in all a good place to visit.

Reviewed 28 July 2015 via mobile

We have seen some of the bad reviews above and all I can say is they must have been there at a time when they were either very short staffed and not enough people eating to cycle the buffet to keep the quality right.
Our experience was the meat quality was excellent all the food was very fresh and the staff pleasant enough and at £12 each for the buffet was a bargain. And I eat out as often as I can so I know the bad through decent through to good.
All round happy family.