“Great to see the Rose & Crown open again”

The Rose & Crown Bar Kitchen
Ranked #38 of 167 Restaurants in Beverley
Price range: US$7 - US$33
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Rose & Crown Bar Kitchen with Benedict Porter is a stunning old building with a new concept. Our brand new open pass allows Ben and his team to showcase their cooking whilst creating the best tasting dishes with the best quality products. Everything is made in house even our own ice cream. We pride ourselves on a high quality of service and a high standard of food. The team of chefs have been trained to a Michelin level. Our food is high quality but affordable, we want to make the Rose and Crown a destination in Beverley where anybody can visit “in your wedding dress or your wellie boots, there’s a warm welcome here” both our drinks and food prices are affordable. We want to give the Rose and Crown a new lease of life where it is not just a Raceday pub!
Reviewed 6 April 2018

It has been a sorry sight to see this place closed once again for so long but the wait was worth it. We had dinner there on Wednesday night and the food was excellent. This is NOT pub food but serious dining. For starters we had the ham hock croquette and the fishcake. Both were delicious but it was the extras on the plate - clams,capers and samphire with the fishcake, which made it special. Then I chose the lamb rump and it was cooked just right, pink and succulent. My husband chose the special - fish pie and it too was delicious. We had a side of seasonal veg. which again were cooked perfectly. Although we were very full we still found room to share a brownie with ice-cream and again were delighted with our choice. Definitely needed the walk home but we will be returning soon. Well done to all the staff.

3  Thank JenniferG37
Emily D, Manager at The Rose & Crown Bar Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Hi Jennifer,
Thank you very much for your kind review.
Our team is dedicated to ensure that each and every experience is perfect, we hope that we can give the beautiful building the love and TLC that it needs.
See you again soon,

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Followed the new owners (and a fair few loyal customers) from the Crown and Anchor. Enjoyed our first couple of visits (drinks only)- warm, cosy, comfortable, tasteful decor, good atmosphere. Had a meal tonight which was superb. Pie and veg- packed with tasty filling,crisp pastry and fresh, well cooked vegetables. Partner had belly pork which was well cooked, tasty and beautifully presented. Dogs allowed in bar area which is a big draw for us too. Very highly recommended.

2  Thank Rachel B

Hi Rachel,
We would like to thank you for your loyalty and following the team to the Rose and Crown. We are glad you enjoyed our tasty Red Wine Braised Beef and Mushroom Pie, our pies will be alternating on a weekly basis to ensure that there is plenty of variety, so we take on any suggested fillings for the future.
Thanks again for your visit.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

I attended the Rose & Crown on Monday 2nd April for lunch with my Mum and Aunt. We had booked our table in advance.
When we arrived we were promptly greeted by a polite girl behind the bar and swiftly shown to our table by the lovely Emily. We were also greeted later by the lovely Mark. I have to say that all of the staff were polite, smart and very attentive.
Our table was near the open pass so we could see into the Kitchen with chefs Benedict, Scott and Leigh all hard at work.
We were swiftly offered drinks and given menu’s. We opted for soft drinks as it was earlier in the afternoon. Our drinks swiftly arrived and our food order taken.
After much thought over the delicious choices on offer we all decided to have sandwiches. I opted for the BLT with thrice cooked chips. My Mother had the Halloumi Cheese and Mediterranean vegetable wrap with thrice cooked chips and my Aunt opted for the 38 day hung sirloin of Yorkshire Beef with horseradish and gravy with thrice cooked chips.
Our food arrived swiftly after ordering. The portions were generous and our table fell silent as we tucked into our food. We may have only had sandwiches and chips but what a treat we had!
The bread was freshly made and exquisitely moorish. My BLT filling was generous and fresh. My Aunt said the beef was perfectly cooked and of high quality. My Mother said the Mediterranean veg in her wrap was perfectly cooked and a perfect combination with the Halloumi cheese.
We all said the chips were divine! Beautifully crisp on the outside and delicately fluffy on the inside. Delicious and a must have side dish when you visit.
Our plates were taken away promptly after finishing our meals. We were offered drink refills and a dessert menu.
We were all full but couldn’t resist the delicious treats on offer for dessert.
Mum and I opted for the warm chocolate brownie with cherry ripple ice cream and fresh cherries. My Aunt had the Baked Lemon tart, with sesame seed meringue and limoncello granita.
The brownie was gooey and richly delicious and perfectly accompanied by the cherry ripple ice cream and rich juicy cherries. My Aunt said the Lemon tart was baked perfectly and complimented by the light sharpness of the granita.
The food was delicious and of such a high quality. The service was exceptional. Everything was first class and we can not wait to return for a first class service and to sample more delicious food from these talented chefs.

2  Thank Rachael S

Hi Rachael,

Thank you kindly for your detailed review of your experience at the Rose and Crown Bar Kitchen.I’m sure you saw Our team of three chefs Ben, Leigh and Scott certainly have an eye for the finishing details.
We hope that we impress you just as much on your next visit.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Went for Sunday lunch the day after the bar restaurant reopened.

Fish pie, went in wanting the roast pork but couldn't resist the fish pie, was the best I've had for a long time. Better than my wifes. Great pickled vegetable salad complemented it marvellously.

Others had roast pork. Great selection of vegetables and really crisp roast potatoes.

Looks like this will be a favourite place to dine.

4  Thank Steve S

Hi Steve,

Our fish pie has been one of the most popular dishes so far, hopefully your wife will not take offence to you preferring our head chefs.

Next time you pop along be sure to try the Belly Wrapped loin of pork which is served with Crackling, Duck Fat Roasted Potatoes, Yorkshire Pudding, Mashed Potato, Apple Baked Red Cabbage and Seasonal Greens.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I have known the Manager and all the staff for a number of years and the food and drink are well above standard.
Today myself and a friend had the Sunday lunch and both agreed the meal was brilliant.
I had Pork which was as near as perfect as I have ever had and my friend thought it was the best meal he has had in a long time.
The bar staff are very friendly and you can watch your meal being prepared through the hatch if you wish.
All in all a tremendous experience.
Thanks to Mark and all the staff.
Colin and Bozz

2  Thank Colin I

Hi Colin,
Thank you for your kind review of our Sunday Lunches. Our team of talented chefs pride themselves on creating the perfect Sunday lunch experience.
We are always looking for ways to improve so any suggestions you have please let us know.

See you soon.