All reviews steak pizza oven the pub market square beer garden car park lovely lunch friday night saturday market coffee machine eggs benedict every member of staff great shower few drinks food was lovely couldn't do enough enjoyable stay
Reviewed 1 September 2018

Only the second visit to dine, food menu can appear expensive, certainly as it is not full table service, fantastic Gin selection , ordering doubles works out better, cannot fault the food , Mussels with Chorizo, Brisket Burgers all washed down with house red , we left before it got really busy, if you have read any of my reviews, you may have noticed I never write reviews on a restaurant, that fails. It can kill a business overnight, And as is my dream to open my own restaurant, then I would never write a bad review , following trip advisor lead , only positive from me.The Kings head works hard at what they do , a few tweaks it could be perfect. Friday next we will be back as the Champagne is on offe4 every Friday

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
KingsHeadBev, Manager at Kings Head Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2018

What a lovely review, thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback!

I'm so glad that you enjoyed you meal with us, and its always a pleasure to hear such lovely comments about our staff and food.
It's lovely to hear that you appreciate our wide range of products from drinks to food.

I hope to see you again soon!

Kind regards,
Lucy Johnson- Assistant Manager.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

We had our daughters wedding reception here, we could not fault the service .Lucy and her team were brilliant, nothing was too much trouble, the buffet was excellent all our guests remarked how much they had enjoyed the food. The bedrooms were really nice very clean and comfortable . Excellent from start to finish.

Trip type: Travelled with family

I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and its always a pleasure to hear such lovely comments about our staff and service. We definitely pride ourselves in our little hotel and I'm glad you enjoyed your experience throughout.
I'm delighted to hear that all of your guests enjoyed their evening as well!

I hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards,
Lucy Johnson- Assistant Manager.

Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

Whenever we visit Beverley (twice a year)we always pop into the Kings Head as always been great value for money, good food and service and and a fantastic atmosphere. Sadly can’t same that was our experience today and probably won’t go back in a hurry. Food was average and expensive for what we had and the buzz (very quite) had gone. Main issue was waitress she didn’t have a clue. We were ready to order both drinks and food at the same time. She asked us what we wanted to drink then rushed off before we could say we were also ready to order food. 10 minutes later drinks had not arrived and food order not taken. Called over male waiter who was apologetic but in all honesty didn’t come across as being that bothered. A real shame.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
KingsHeadBev, General Manager at Kings Head Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2018

Thanks for taking the time to review your experience today and I am so sorry that it didn't live up to your expectations and our expected standards. We do have a few new team members that are "Bedding in" and I'm hoping that this explains the delay and seeming lack of experience showed.

It would really help me if you told me what time you came in and where you sat. I can them investigate and help the member of staff gain more confidence and experience.

Thanks in advance and I really hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards

Matt - Manager

Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

Pleasant place and nice, helpful people. Running out of sirloin steak by 7.30 on a Steak Evening and not having any marmalade at breakfast time were our only niggles during an otherwise enjoyable stay. Very good shower. Would stay here again if I return to Beverley.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thanks for your review and kind words.
Really happy you enjoyed your time with us.
The steak day often has us running low on the night so sorry about that. The marmalade situation is also now in order.

We really hope to see you again soon

Thanks again

Matt

Reviewed 17 August 2018

Stayed one night after ladies day at the races. Extremely busy in the bar because they had a couple of dj’s and a bbq. We found a seat easily and had a couple of drinks. The room was on the small size but adequate for our stay. Good quality linen on the bed and big fluffy towels in the gorgeous bathroom. Good power shower. The breakfast was great, cereals, yogurt and fresh fruit on the counter followed by a cooked breakfast. Would stay again but perhaps not on a night when the dj’s on.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
KingsHeadBev, Manager at Kings Head Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2018

I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and its always a pleasure to hear such lovely comments.
Ladies day and the following day were certainly busy, so I'm glad you still managed to find yourselves a table and enjoy what the evening had to offer!
I hope to see you again soon, perhaps on a quieter night!

Lucy Johnson- Assistant Manager