All reviews brend hotels short walk across the bridge lovely hotel sunday carvery old bridge deluxe room tarka trail waiting staff breakfast was excellent town centre comfortable stay comfortable bed nice room stayed for two nights breakfast and dinner one night stay short stay
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

We were a last minute booking of eleven people so thought we would struggle to find somewhere good to eat. We were duly 'squeezed in' but actually the table and dinning room were very comfortable. I think it was just Sunday lunches being served which suited us fine. There were plenty of attentive, smart and polite staff and we were soon directed to the carvery hot plate. There was lamb beef and turkey on offer and an extensive selection of vegetables and potatoes on offer. It looked very appetising and so it proved. I chose not to have any turkey as it looked a little dry. The lamb and beef were nicely cooked and tasty (although I would not have minded the beef a little pink) the veg cooked just right with the merest of crunch and the roast potatoes were as good as I have ever eaten at a restaurant. To top it all was the most flavoursome roast gravy, rich and not at all greasy. Our entire party thought the roast meal was really good. We endulged in desserts which were beautifully presented and delicious.
All in all a great Sunday Lunch and we are very likely to return.

1  Thank IanR216
BrendHotels, Social Media Manager at The Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review based on your recent Sunday Lunch booking.

I would like to also Thank you for your lovely comments and kind words. In particular I am thrilled to hear that you felt the table and dining room were very comfortable & that you felt we offered an extensive selection and that it looked appetising.
With regards to the 'pink' beef, we only offer well done beef as we use Silverside, which is best served well done.

Once again Thanks for the review & we look forward to welcoming you back to The Royal Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 10 September 2017

We had a very comfortable stay and the staff were very helpful at all times. Food was very good with very prompt service. Our room was very comfortable and very clean. The hotel is in Bideford which has plenty of shops and a lovely view of the River.

1  Thank Langlab

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this lovely 5 star review here on Trip Advisor.

I am glad you had a very comfortable stay and that you found the staff to be very helpful at all times.
I am also pleased to hear that you thought the food was very good with a prompt service.

Once again Thank you for the review and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Royal Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 9 September 2017

A very good place to stay on all counts; especially liked single room avaiability. Very good value. High points for comfort. Although on the other side of the Long Bridge it was easily accessible to the facilities in town.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank HelenG3108
BrendHotels, Social Media Manager at The Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this lovely review here on Trip Advisor.

I am glad to hear that you feel we are a very good place to stay on all counts and that you feel we are very good value.
I am also pleased to hear that you give us high points for comfort.

Once again Thank you for the review & we look forward to welcoming you back to The Royal Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Gorgeous spread of fresh, delicious food from their carvery, I have attended weddings and parties here and just popped in for a drink many times and the setting, atmosphere and ambiance is superlative. We had a gorgeous room on the ground floor and breakfast in bed it was a truly lovely and decadent experience!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank ruthie81apple
BrendHotels, Social Media Manager at The Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Dear Guest,

I am pleased to hear that you felt we offered a gorgeous spread of fresh, delicious food and that you think the setting, atmosphere and ambience is superlative.

I am also glad to hear that you thought your ground floor room was gorgeous and that you had a decadent experience.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

We enjoyed many aspects of our stay but frequently we were unable to obtain a service in the bar and reception. The staff were so busy that on several occasions orders for food were not followed causing the party to miss lunch! The bedding had stains clearly visible, I believe it was not unhygienic but still not reassuring.

Date of stay: August 2017
2  Thank Frankblueking

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review here on Trip Advisor based on your recent stay with us.

We value your comments greatly and whilst I am glad that you enjoyed many aspects of your stay, I am saddened that you encountered a few problems.
Between the hours of 2 and 6 the bar is closed. However a member of management is always on duty and will always serve on the bar if needed.
In Lunchtime and Evening service, the bar staff are on the bar unless they are bringing out food orders to guests or restocking and I apologise that you felt that you were unable to obtain service frequently.

With regards to the bedding, I would like to apologise. We hire linen from an outside company and all linen is always checked, I should imagine that on this occasion it was an oversight. Having said this I will liaise with the Housekeeping manager to try and get to the bottom of how this could have happened.