All reviews assault course plug sockets total wipeout high ropes fit for purpose sinks jonah surfing facilities accommodation site
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

Excellent facilities for a group of friends. In a great location but also plenty to offer on site - total wipeout, high ropes, SUP lake.
Rooms spacious and airy but with a fun twist in decor and bed layout.
Would definitely recommend

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

Great facilities - large rooms with bunks, showers and toilets
Amazing activities on offer - such as high ropes, total wipeout style obstacle course.
Friendly staff happy to help and make your stay enjoyable.
Great price for 'package style' weekend away!
Would come again another occasion, thanks for having us!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

Come to the ultimate adventure centre today with a load of good friends. All the instructors were so helpful and really polite and welcoming. We did the total wipeout course and I did things I never thought I would. Really worth doing. Thank you to Jonah, our lead instructor. Will defiantly be returning.

Trip type: Travelled with family
The_UAC_Team, Bookings Assistant at The Ultimate Adventure Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Hi Amy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such as positive TripAdvisor and its so lovely to hear that you thought all instructors were helpful, polite and welcoming! I will pass on your review to Jonah and i am so happy to hear you will be returning.

Thank you very much for your review again and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Alice.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

We were a large group on a stay for the weekend, staying in the lodges on site then onto Surfing, Mountain boarding and taking on the water assault course.

The lodges were fit for purpose, they can house some 8 people were clean and well kept as were the facilities on site, which were fantastic. My only gripe with the lodges were that there were too few plug sockets for the amount of people staying in them.

On our first night we made the most of the use of the fire pit and within no time were greeted by Ant, the chap on night duty there to make sure we were settling in. Would recommend hiring out the fire pit if at all possible, its a great way of chilling out of an evening.

Surfing was a blast and you can't get much better than Westward Ho! in N. Devon. The instructors, Will & Jonah were friendly informative and straight to the point which allowed us to get out there and make the most of our time. They mixed well with us getting themselves in amongst the group giving advice when needed, for a group of some 15 people this was no easy task but they managed it with ease. The sun even made an appearance for us.

Mountain boarding was fronted by Charlie & Ryan and again they mixed well with the group with short informative briefings and what we were doing mixed with plenty of laughs and a few jokes. I was particularly impressed with the way they gave some attention to those in the group that were struggling which allowed them to pick things up and grow in confidence towards the end of the session. The instructors here were definitely the best of the great group of staff that we were with over the weekend.

With sore heads in the morning from sampling the delights of nearby Bideford we had Sam, Jess and Aimee for the assualt course. They handled us brilliantly (Dont try to cheat them on your timed lap, they see everything!!). Another word of advice, don't take the course too lightly, it's far more exhausting than I gave it credit for!

Lastly a big shout out to Wayne who was with our group for the whole weekend and ensured everything ran smoothly. I hope to return sometime in the near future as there's still plenty to see and do. Thanks to all! - Adam V

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
The_UAC_Team, Bookings Manager at The Ultimate Adventure Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2017

Hi Adam,

Thank you very much for your extremely detailed review, It is really great to see compliments to so many of our staff. I have passed this review onto them and we hope to see you again soon in the future.

Have a great day.

Vincent

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

I have to say the staff were all amazing. Really helpful, got everyone to listen when it was important for the activities.

Have to split into 2 reviews, 1 for camping and 1 for the activities.

The Camping was okay. They have some electric hook ups which we didn't use. The site doesn't really seem like it's geared for campers, however the toilet blocks and the showers were great. The field we stayed had a small 'hut' and a sink for dishes. Or so I thought. The mixer taps were just resting on the holes for the connections and the sinks looked like they hadn't been cleaned in ages ..but a minor inconvenience.
So, I would camp again, but depending on the field, if you had the same one as us, you'll need strong pegs as the ground was full of stones and hard to get the pegs in. But again, a minor inconvenience.

The activities.. we did the Ultimate Assault and the Surfing. I looked at the assault and thought it was pretty childish. Oh, how wrong I was! It was an awesome two hours and it tired my teens out l, which is saying something. I was shattered afterwards too. It's a bit slippery with the wood, but if your careful, you'll get through it. So much fun. Maybe a little pricey..maybe. But do think it was worth it. Won't forget it in a hurry!

The surfing at Westward Ho, was just fantastic. Teens loved it, and although we lucked out with good wind and waves, the instructor 'Mark?' -sorry, I forgot! Was amazing. Again, a bit pricey when there's 3 of you. But probably worth it.

So, overall a good stay and lots of fun. Possibly would camp again, but would definitely do the activities again. Do wish the rifle shooting was up and working, really fancied a few cracks at that, but not really a dampener on the 4 days we had. Would definitely recommend, for families with kids 8-13. Older teens might get bored with lack of things to do in the evening.

Thanks to all the staff again, who really were amazing.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Hi David,

Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate your kindness and compliments and we will make sure we take on any criticism in order to improve our site for the future. We are glad you enjoyed yourself on the activities and we hope to see you again in the near by future.

Have a great day.