2,024 results
All reviews the grill armada restaurant executive room afternoon tea alhambra room walker suite handpicked hotels hand picked hotels timeshare apartments grand hall new forest ornamental drive lounge bar health club classic room stunning grounds outdoor pool
Reviewed 22 March 2016

I got married here on Saturday and the entire weekend was an absolute joy.

Nothing is too much for the staff here. Every single person I interacted with couldn't do enough for me. I stayed in an Exec, The Heron Suite and the Walker Bridal Suite. All absolutely stunning. Bed and bedding were luxurious and very comfy, we had a Nespresso machine plus tea and coffee in the room and a TV in the bath in the Heron and Exec suite.

The food was beautiful. We were dubious how they'd manage to serve a really high quality 3 course dinner to 71 people but it was absolutely wonderful. No one had any issues at any point with anything.

Particular and special thanks go to Mohammed (General Manager I believe) and Gareth (Our wedding manager on the day) and Gemma (Our Wedding Coordinator). Mohammed was constantly making sure the wedding party were okay and Gareth could not have done any more for myself and Adam if he tried. The poor guy was running round from very early in the morning to very late that evening making sure we were quite literally having the best day of our lives. And we certainly did. Gemma responded to all of my queries very quickly and was constantly in touch to make sure all the plans were coming together. I look back on the weekend and I wouldn't have changed a thing. Thank you too all the staff and to hand picked hotels for giving us our dream wedding.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Mark D, Manager at Rhinefield House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, we are very pleased that you had a perfect wedding with us, it was an absolute pleasure to host your special day. I will be sure to relay your kind words to Mohamed, Gareth and Gemma.

Reviewed 21 March 2016

We've been aiming to go here for quite some time, having visited and eaten in 3 other Handpicked Hotels. But, sadly I doubt I'll want to go again.
Firstly the good. The reception staff were friendly, and the room (we received an upgrade, presumably because a wedding was being held there) was lovely, with good facilities and a lovely view of the woodland.
We had tea and coffee on arrival, postponing the scones as most of our party were not hungry, though the bar staff struggled to understand what we were asking and it took a while for them to understand not to charge us for separate teas and coffees.
But dinner was underwhelming. We had drinks again in the bar, and our orders were taken there before we were taken through to the restaurant. The window table was nice enough and not the hotel's fault it was too dark to admire the view. But after the amuse bouche it started to go downhill. 5 starters came out, and it took prompting to the waiting staff for them to realise that perhaps 6 people wanted 6 meals. They admitted the had 'lost the order' which baffles me as they were all written on the same pad. So most of our party ate whilst 1 waited for the starter. Once the final starter arrived, which tasted rushed, the others had to wait for main course. This too took an age and the same person had to wait again. We really thought long and hard whether to order dessert as it was getting very late by this time, and at least one dish was off the menu now, and the last one of another dish was offered. Overall very disappointing, and too late for the bar afterwards; a brandy may have salvaged the evening.
Similar at breakfast, after delivering breakfast we were offered ketchup which was never delivered.
Billing was chaotic when it didn't need to be, not helped by the language barrier.

As usual the selling of 'afternoon tea' packages means finding tables and chairs for guests staying at the hotel are challenging. I appreciate it's important for cash flow, but it detracts from the experience of those who've paid more than £21 for tea and cake.

This is a pretty hotel in beautiful grounds, but communication and attention to detail was simply not good enough, and to be honest I had no desire to stay any longer than I had to. Whether it was the wedding in progress over-stretching the staff, or something else, I do not know, but then again I shouldn't need to know; we were guests.
Sadly, overall I felt I was going through a sausage factory without the care and attention one would expect.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Andrew H
Mark D, General Manager at Rhinefield House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2016

Dear Andrew
Please accept my sincerest apologies that you did not truly experience a perfect stay with us here at Rhinefield. I will make sure as a team we review all of your comments and action resolves where ever possible. Please do let me know if you are ever considering returning as I would want to oversee any future booking for you or your friends personally to make sure that we do deliver a better experience.

Reviewed 21 March 2016 via mobile

I have eaten here 3 times now. The first two occasions everything was spot on and I couldn't fault it so my third visit was a surprising let down. I ordered the exact same thing as I had on my second visit but it could not have been more different. It was so bad I left most of it but when the waiter asked how the food was and I pointed out just one of the faults with it he was very apologetic and took my entire meal off the bill. The service in this place is good it's just a shame the food standard is not consistent, if it was as good as my first two visits every time it would be a lovely place to eat.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear raggiedoll
Please accept my apologies that on this occasion we did not meet with your expectations and it is always disappointing for us as we have got it right before. Please do let me know the next time you are coming in as I would like to personally make sure we get it right again for you.

Reviewed 21 March 2016

Was apprehensive after reading previous reviews but I would award 10 out of 10 for the experience we had of an overnight stay here. The staff are extremely attentive and obviously are highly trained for their customer service skills. The room was uber comfortable with turn down service in the evening. The food was superb. We ate in the Amada restaurant which was classed as 'formal' but played lovely music giving it a wonderful relaxed atmosphere. The Sunday Club deal included a cream tea which was delightful. We chose the buffet breakfast which was probably one of the best ever. Had a walk around the grounds which were amazing. Will definitely return. Thank you. (No phone signal but strong free wifi everywhere!)

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear ada
Thank you so much for your recent review and all of the positive feedback you have provided. I will make sure i share it with all of the team who will be thrilled that you had such a great time. We all look forward to welcoming you back to Rhinefield.

Reviewed 16 March 2016

Rhinefield house is in a beautiful part of the New Forest, equidistant from Brockenhurst and Lyndhurst, either being about 15 minutes by taxi. The room I stayed in was great, breakfast was superb with a wonderful choice, it's very clean throughout and well maintained, the spa facilities are small but fully functional. The evening meal in the 'cheaper' restaurant was unfortunately a big let down and really overpriced.

Date of stay: February 2016

Dear Jim
Thank you for taking the time to post your review to Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us here at Rhienfield House. I was pleased to read that the accommodation met with your approval and I will discuss your concerns about the Grill room with James our Chef.