Our package was B&B with a rasoul mud treatment and thai lunch. We arrived quite late in the afternoon/early evening. The Receptionist was polite and helpful and the porter took our bags to the room quickly and efficiently. The room was quite large, clean but relatively basic in terms of decor. The bed was comfy which is always a good start. It has coffee/tea facilities and an LCD TV. The rooms are located about 1-2 mins walk from the spa and you could change into your robe and slippers and then walk down to the spa - you don't have to go outside. Once we'd unpacked we went straight to the spa area and had a swim and sauna. The changing rooms were clean and you could ask for access to the Hyrdotherapy part of the spa (though this was part of the spa break package we had)
We had dinner in the 2xAA Rosette restaurant and can say that even though it was expensive (£100 for 3 courses for 2 and 2 beers), the service was very good and the food was very nice (though we had king prawns for starters and they were *just* cooked through - we prefer ours cooked slightly longer).
We decided to book our treatments for next day before going to dinner, but they had very limited availability - HOWEVER this was a blessing in disguise...... The Treatments are very expensive - £55 for 30 minutes back neck and shoulder massage. My Wife and I have gone to a few Spas (and my wife is a beauty therapist by trade) and we both thought that the massage was good but it wasn't worth the money. The Spa appeared to be quite hectic and there was a lot of people in a relatively small reception area.
On the plus side, the food in the Thai restaurant was nice and quite healthy.
Overall we had a really nice 24 hours at Careys Manor and i can definately say we'll come back though we'll probably just stick with dinner and use of the spa facilities rather than maybe having specific treatments.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featured in The Telegraph's Best Hotels in Hampshire. Blending just the right fusion of relaxed informality and stylish refinement, a break at Careys Manor Hotel will make you feel wonderfully pampered. Nestled between the New Forest National Park, Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa provides the perfect base for grown up getaways to escape and discover. With 77 plush bedrooms and suites, the award winning SenSpa, 3 onsite restaurants and 4 star award winning service, create extraordinary memories at Careys Manor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, TravelClick, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and LateRooms so you can book your Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Careys Manor Hotel And Senspa
- Careys Manor Hotel & Sen Brockenhurst
- Careys Manor Hotel & SenSpa Brockenhurst, New Forest
- Careys Manor Spa Senspa
- Careys Hotel Manor
- Careys Manor Brockenhurst